Medical Advisor – Connected Care
About the Position
In this position, you will serve as an expert and resource for study teams, departments, and others as needed. The CRP is aware of and ensures that all activities of the medical team (and direct reports, if applicable) are in compliance with current local and international regulations, laws, Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), company standards, Lilly policies and procedures, global quality standards, and the Principles of Medical Research.
The CRP’s primary responsibility is to provide expert medical support and, ultimately to enhance the customer’s experience with Lilly. In this role, you will have the opportunity to participate in the development of the “patient journey” and the strategic plan for the compound. You will also provide medical expertise for regulatory affairs and interact with government agencies. You may also participate and present at meetings with government regulatory agencies, provide medical support for pricing, reimbursement and access, and lead local scientific data dissemination.
These responsibilities are generally related to late-phase and marketed compounds, but can also include early phase trials. The CRP is responsible for the planning, startup and conduct of phase 3b/4 device studies (and phase I and II studies where applicable), as well as non-clinical trial solutions/activities that are conducted in affiliates/countries. With the expansion of the Lilly diabetes portfolio (including assets developed and marketed with the Lilly – Boehringer Ingelheim alliance), this role will be responsible for leadership that allows appropriate scientific support for insulin family within the portfolio and across the spectrum of patients with diabetes. This includes, but is not limited to, design and execution of phase 4 studies and expansion of real-world evidence, observational data and patient reported outcomes to address the needs of the commercial organization.
Successful and relevant phase 4 programs anticipate provider, patient, policy and payer questions years in advance of customer inquiries. This work will require cross-portfolio, patient-reported and observational studies aligned with therapeutic tailoring strategies. This requires in-depth knowledge of diabetes, metabolism and related conditions (including risk factors and co-morbidities). In addition, this role requires an in-depth understanding of global research, real world evidence, clinical and commercial needs and a full understanding of the current insulin needs and devices emerging diabetes portfolio.
- Understand and anticipate the scientific information needs of all local/regional customers (payers, patients, health care providers).
- Actively address customer questions in a timely fashion by leading data analyses and new clinical or health outcomes research efforts.
- Support brand commercialization activities by working closely with the global Medical Affairs and brand teams, Global Patient Outcomes/Real World Evidence and global PRA, clinical management or personnel and other cross-functional management during the creation of the local business plan.
- Provide clinical input and insight to develop payer partnership programs and defend the product value.
- Support business-to-business and business-to-government activities.
- By offering scientific and creative input, contribute to the development, review, and approval of promotional materials for the brand team.
- Support training of sales representatives and other medical representatives.
- Become familiar with market archetypes and potential influence on the medical interventions for the product.
- Take a leadership role in defining the Patient Journey and corresponding Moments of Truth based on his/her medical knowledge. Become a patient advocate, as well as a medical authority.
- Provide medical insight and training to patient support programs (e.g., Diabetes Nurse Educators Service).
- Participate in local and national trade associations, as appropriate.
- Medical Doctor – preferred specialties include Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, and Diabetology.
- Must be board eligible or certified in appropriate specialty/subspecialty or have completed the comparable level of post-medical school clinical training relevant to the country of hiring.
- Must have completed education and training at a medical school that meets the requirements of the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). For the recognized list of foreign medical schools and the disapproved list, see http://www.in.gov/pla/2799.htm
- Minimum of seven years of clinical research or pharmaceutical medicine experience, preferably in Internal Medicine or Diabetes.
- Knowledge of drug and device development process relevant to country/region
- Demonstrated ability to balance scientific priorities with business priorities
- Proven strong communication, interpersonal, collaboration, organizational and negotiation skills, including ability to influence others to create a positive working environment.
- Ability to engage in domestic and international travel to the degree appropriate to support the business of the team.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written communication.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Medical Advisor – Connected Care in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.