Engineer – Project Manager – Large Capital Projects
About the Position
The Global Facilities Delivery (GFD) Organization, part of Corporate Engineering and Continuous Improvement, delivers new and renovated capital assets around the world. Our mission is accomplished through a highly leveraged organization of design, construction and qualification contractors. Many of the assets delivered focus on medical innovation and delivering innovative solutions to patients. Some of the assets delivered will support an expansion in supply of existing medicines or making the supply chain more robust.
- Project Management: Lead and manage large capital projects ($50 MM to $100+MM) consisting of both Lilly and Non-Lilly professionals to safely achieve project objectives from conceptual design through operational qualification. Project objectives are defined as: asset capability or capacity, cost, schedule and compliance.
- Compliance: Lead with a disciplined, structured approach to project management based on compliance with GFD and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Safety/Environment: Develop and maintain safety and environmental execution plans for projects. Ensure compliance to safety and environmental policies, procedures, and work rules for project personnel, contractors, and subcontractors from conceptual design through operational qualification.
- Interface/Communication: Develop and maintain effective communication with project team, governance teams, business partners and other stakeholders as the size and complexity of the project may dictate.
- Bachelor of Science – Engineering or field related to project management
- 10 Years previous experience in project delivery
- Capital Project Management Experience in manufacturing facilities (Bulk API, sterile products, secondary packaging, Devices and to a lesser extent lab projects.)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Previous experience on projects >$25+ million.
- Experience in most of the following disciplines: Automation, construction, construction quality, project controls, engineering disciplines, safety, scheduling.
- The capacity to achieve results through people is critical.
- Facilitate issue resolution, anticipate scope changes, and implement safely with quality, speed, and value.
- Willingness to relocate and/or travel to locations outside of home state/country and have the demonstrated ability to work at long distances with little supervision.
- Must exhibit a good sense of judgment in decision making, without the need for management approval while at the same time keeping management informed and engaged on critical issues.
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience in, the application of GFD Policies and Procedures. Demonstrated value for a disciplined, structured approach to project management that is based on compliance with Policies and Procedures rather than an approach dependent on a personal style.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence personnel and organizations without having direct administrative responsibility for them.
- Competency in a foreign language(s).
- Professional Engineer or equivalent technical certification.
- Past experience in working and/or living outside the U.S.
- Demonstrated willingness to embrace the concept of continuous improvement and be an agent for change.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Engineer – Project Manager – Large Capital Projects in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.