Director of Sales & Marketing
About the Position
Lilly is preparing to launch connected insulin pens and pumps to improve outcomes for those living with diabetes. Our Connected Care (CC) systems will integrate insulin-dosing data with daily blood glucose monitoring or continuous glucose monitoring data. In addition, our connected care devices will allow us to have a daily relationship with consumers, HCPs, and payers. This relationship will enable us to improve patient behaviors & outcomes.
The Sales & Marketing Director for Connected Care is responsible for developing and maintaining deep healthcare marketplace expertise and insights across multiple customer segments (e.g. HCP, Patient, Payers, PBMs, & Integrated Health Systems). This position will be responsible for identifying and building the capabilities for our customer facing organization to support a successful launch of both our IIM system (open loop/connected pen) and the AID system (Closed Loop/Pump) in the US. They will need to identify, hire & lead a field-based team supporting multiple customer segments on assigned market verticals and geographies. They will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design training & provide ongoing professional support for this newly designed organization. The Sales & Marketing Director will provide hands on coaching and evaluation of their field based team, specifically, supporting and coaching their ability to understand and address the challenges, needs, and opportunities of identified customers. In addition, the position is responsible for creating an environment of effective communication and coordination with key cross-functional field-based overlaps to ensure effective implementation of strategies and interventions.
The Sales & Marketing Director will also serve a key role as a leader within the Connected Care organization, steering and leading efforts to shape the long-term Connected Care strategy, design & scale a newly created field facing team, lead the execution and launch plans for portfolio, and serving in a variety of other assigned “champ” roles as needed.
Build a customer facing organization to support the launch of Connected Care
- Identify the capabilities and selling skills needed to build an effective field facing team to support both the limited volume launch and the full scale launch of our connected systems
- Define the selling model to support connected care systems for customers
- Hire a high performing, diverse sales team that will support key customer needs
- Build a learning plan for limited volume launch that will inform the plan for scaling the field-based team and support the “go to market” strategy in the U.S.
- Partner with internal functional areas including MHS, medical, marketing, and IT to create solutions to support customers
- Partner to develop a quota & incentive plan for newly designed field force
- Build a roadmap that identifies key activities & milestones that lead to launch; including creating a sales team for limited volume launch, training sales teams on new model, and scaling headcount for full retail launch
- Work closely with payer team to understand payer strategy and how this will be included as part of the HCP messaging related to patient outcomes
- Work with Connected Care US Brand team on shaping the core message elements to HCP providers, developing a thought leader engagement plan and environmental shaping
- Partner with US Capabilities Advisor to provide feedback and input on the customer support HUB to deliver outstanding customer experiences
- Work with Consumer center of excellence to understand key customer insights and leverage digital health tactics to change behavior and improve outcomes
- Key member of the Connected Care capabilities team; understand and contribute insights to help shape the culture and strategy beyond core responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and evolution of organizational design and talent management to meet the unique needs of the business unit
- Challenge the business and leaders to think differently about how we meet the needs of our customers through the connected care platform
- Demonstrate strong inclusive leadership to attract, develop and retain top talent
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year experience commercializing biotechnology and/or devices
- Minimum 3 years of experience in developing marketing strategies executed through multiple channels
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
Travel: 20-50% travel may be required
- Successful commercial or development leader with a proven track-record of delivering exceptional results
- Prior experience commercializing biotechnology and/or devices
- Inclusive and engaging leader with strong learning agility
- Broad understanding of development and commercial organizations
- Strong business acumen, including deep understanding of payer customers and reimbursement dynamics (Commercial and Government)
- Demonstrated ability to work in whitespace to develop business or marketing strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to communicate clearly and succinctly with team members and leadership
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to anticipate and recognize problems, diagnose root causes and take corrective action to prevent recurrence within the team
- Excellent self-management and organizational skills; able to manage workload, set personal and team priorities and adjust as needed. Must be able to manage working with a large number of different teams with varying styles, issues, and complexity
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills; able to develop effective teamwork between team members with diverse interpersonal styles; able to deliver effective coaching and feedback
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and influence skills; Ability to provide leadership to others, to appropriately network across a wide variety of functional components, external vendors/partners
- Flexibility to adjust quickly and effectively to frequent change and altered priorities
- Previous experience within diabetes preferred
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Lilly Director Sales & Marketing in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.