Electronic Medical Record and Digital Marketing Consultant
About the Position
Over the last several years, local and regional health systems have been consolidating at a rapid pace as payers, hospitals, and physician groups / clinics are integrating to improve the quality and value of care delivered in these markets. Payment reform is driving a transition from volume based payment models to value based payment models. Overall, these environmental and market dynamics are driving a change in the value equation within the healthcare model and thus increasing the influence decision makers within the integrated health system and provider organizations have on the access and/or experience with Lilly brands. Health systems are utilizing Electronic Medical Records (EMR) to lead protocol and pathway decisions. Digital solutions are being deployed at health systems to improve the quality of patient care. Our ability to ensure our products are efficiently represented in electronic health records (EHR) and key system digital initiatives is critical.
As the Electronic Medical Record and Digital Marketing Consultant, you will be responsible for developing a strategic approach to create meaningful digital and EHR solutions. This is a cross-functional role that will allow you to work closely with the Managed Healthcare Services Integrated Health market managers, US brand teams, Medical, Legal, Regulatory, and MCE.
Electronic Health Records Strategy Development and Communication. EHR systems continue to increase in importance in the workflow of integrated health systems. EHR systems may impact utilization management of our products and services. They also offer an opportunity to improve patient care by aggregating clinical and financial performance data. The Lilly “product story” will be written through EHR over the next 5-7 years. In this role, you will focus on the payer aspects of EHR, collaborating closely with the central marketing Multi-Channel Engagement EHR organization via the Health IT coalition and with the MHS EHR Account Manager.
Integrated Health Strategy Development and Execution. Top 25 integrated health systems represent an opportunity to provide innovative solutions to population based decision makers. The consultant is responsible for identifying Integrated Delivery Network insights, creating system level solutions, and leading successful implementation with the Integrated Health field team.
- Monitor progress on IH strategy developed in 2018. Lead annual review of IH strategy with IH Senior Directors.
- Develop and implement digital solutions in connection with market managers around VBAs and digital
- Provide strategic feedback on evolving customer landscape
- Monitor healthcare market, IDN, and OCG customer trends
- Support customer council and business plan processes
- Work collaboratively with the Managed Health Services EHR Account Manager to establish and manage working plan for MHS to engage and shape EHR developments based on the strategic vision set by the MHS EHR Account Manager.
- Formalize and lead MHS engagement in the NGCE MCE/MHS coalition, including governance and execution of key projects.
- Develop needed training and/or access foundational tools to increase account managers knowledge of quality measures and impact to their customers.
- Develop deep understanding of position of Lilly products and therapy areas in EHR
- Work with cross-functional internal business partners (to explore potential new solutions related to payers, EHR and quality measures including but not limited to pathways, VBAs, pull-through).
- Become MHS Payer and IHS EHR subject matter expert, helping to lead change through the organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of marketing, digital health, integrated health systems, or relevant experience
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- MBA or Master’s degree in technical discipline (i.e. Public Health)
- Effective communicator – outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Experience leading cross-functional projects that impact multiple brands and stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity and leading in uncertainty
- Proven problem solving capability
- Ability to influence across teams and effectively drive decision-making
- Ability to “simplify the complex” and communicate the essence to broad set of stakeholders
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Lilly Electronic Medical Record and Digital Marketing Consultant in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.