Senior Architect – Digital Health Ecosystem
About the Position
Do you have the passion it takes to engage health ecosystem payers, providers, pharmacies and internal IT organizations to influence and translate needs into innovative technology solutions? Do you understand how the external environment influences technology providers on their product roadmaps? Are you an authority in assessing new technologies for engagement into the overall healthcare ecosystem? Have you collaborated with established partners to ensure aligned and integrated delivery architectures and plans? If your answers are YES, then we have the role for you.
We are seeking a Digital Health Ecosystem Architect to own the business strategy, technology development and deployment of ecosystem services to support the integration of Lilly’s products into EHR systems with HCP/HCOs. You will work directly with senior leaders across DDR&D, Diabetes Business Unit, Biomedicines and other Lilly businesses to understand the product roadmaps and strategic goals in integration of these services with external partners.
In this senior architect role, your key responsibility will include:
- Strategic Influence: Build effective relationships with business areas to understand and influence strategic business needs, and translate into appropriate information and technology architecture
- Roadmap Development: Research and prove out new and emerging capabilities in advance of formal development efforts such as understanding the payer strategies, regulatory frameworks, broad availability of sensor and wearables data and the impact on healthcare ecosystems.
- Architecture Leadership: Define and guide delivery of the architecture for the healthcare ecosystem platform that includes business, information, integration and infrastructure services. Guide technical teams to deliver integrated solutions aligned to the business goals and ecosystem requirements.
- External Influence: Utilize external knowledge to enthusiastically evaluate changes in the environment, and influence technology solutions in the Digital Health and connected care marketplace. Represent Lilly and Digital Health in conferences and other industry events to support marketing, recruiting and business development
- Ecosystem Partner Integration: Identify needs for ecosystem integration and evaluate architectural options to seamlessly build capabilities to work with digital health: HCPs, HCOs, payers, retailers and other relevant partners.. Govern the operational processes for integrated ecosystem services with partners such as Epic and Cerner
- CyberSecurity: Partner with the CyberSecurity team to ensure appropriate design and controls exist to ensure a secure and reliable integrated care delivery solution. Utilize knowledge of patient centric healthcare solutions and privacy regulations to influence solution development
- Interoperability: Engage with data management and data architecture teams to understand interoperability requirements. Utilize understanding of SMART technology, FHIR data exchange standards to guide EHR integration with multiple service providers such as Epic and Cerner.
- Management Systems Influence: Advise connected care leadership team (IT and business) on processes, roles and tools necessary for effective and efficient delivery of the healthcare ecosystem technology platform. Influence and engage ecosystem partners on interoperability standards and guidelines and enable processes for adoption
- Coaching and guidance: Serve as a coach and guide to the technical resources engaged in the delivery of Digital Health solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in science, computing, healthcare, biomedicines, information, or related fields.
- Demonstrated architectural leadership in complex business and technical environment and experience building ecosystem partner solutions using APIs and HL7 protocols
- At least 3 years experience working with payer or provider systems including integrating with EMR systems
- 6 to 8 years of experience in designing, developing and implementing software solutions into health system infrastructures using Cloud services
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an architecture leadership role with demonstrated success in delivering key solutions and capabilities for a health related organization
- Solid ability to elicit business needs at senior levels and identify the best way to address them
- Proactive, demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and drive peers and senior leaders to timely decisions
- Strong organizational and communication skills with multiple examples of being able to convey complex ideas and thoughts in manners that resulted in definitive directions and results
- Good judgment and a pragmatic approach to designing solutions considering complex needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Experience w/Epic and Cerner EHR integration
- Previous Medical Device Software delivery experience
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies
- Previous experience with development of commercially available software product and the regulatory requirements associated with the process.
- Experience leading teams or in formal leadership roles
- Knowledge of Financial (Expense and Capital) and IT Procurement processes
- IT Supplier management experience
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, email@example.com, and include Lilly Consultant Engineer – IDM in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.