Director of Chase Center Productions – Golden State Warriors
About the Position
The Director, Chase Center Productions plays a key role in leading the vision, production, editing and shooting of all in-arena video content for the Golden State Warriors and Chase Center – the new home for the Warriors, opening in the Fall of 2019. In this pivotal role, you will have the opportunity to provide creative guidance, management, leadership and oversight for the creation of gameday presentation video, audio and LED display content. You will collaborate with business partners to help create and develop an integrated audio/video entertainment presentation that energizes the fan base across all major gameday touchpoints. We are looking for a dedicated and forward thinking who is always striving to evolve and elevate the game day video presentation.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and dedication.
- Produce and provide leadership and direction for all video and audio content production for the video boards, LEDs and IPTV system
- Lead a team of content creators; editors, shooters and motion graphic artists to produce content for Golden State Warriors games and events, as well as select external events held at Chase Center
- Handle the day-to-day operations of Chase Center Productions and lead all facets of production including ideation, editing, shooting, post-production, scheduling and budgeting
- Craft in-arena content that reaches unparalleled fan experiences and uniquely and creatively engage audiences.
- Build creative ideas that serve both the audience and brand
- Provide clear strategic direction to the in-arena production team, including approval and/or drafting of briefs for both internal and external creative resources
- Participate in a cross-functional creative team and collaborate with other departments that produce creative for the organization (Warriors Studio, Marketing)
- Work closely with Event Presentation, Corporate Partnerships, Community Relations and other internal teams to create dynamic videos to help accomplish organizational goals. Develop in-game video content that maximize the fan experience and fulfill partnership requirements
- Collaborate with internal partners to create concepts, plan production, and produce content (including logistics coordination, video shooting, music and sound effect selection, motion graphics, animation, digital effect creation and editing.
- Ensure all content is effectively delivered to all playback and show control systems and work closely with the Event Presentation and Scoreboard Operations staff to maximize the capabilities of the Chase Center Videoboard and LED displays
- Conduct ongoing reviews of budgeting and staffing plans; recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluating departmental personnel and freelance production vendors
- Handles third-party content providers, including creating RFPs and completes the agreed upon scope of services within the signed agreements (i.e. freelance and external production companies)
- Research and recommend software/hardware technology needed to design, produce, develop and assemble engaging video and motion graphic content
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree with a concentration in Communications, Journalism, Television Production or related field
- 5+ years of experience in content creation, preferably with a sports team or arena environment and 3-5 years of people management experience
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Premier, AfterEffects and Photoshop
- Knowledge of 3D Graphic Rendering software such as Cinema 4D
- Detailed knowledge of video and scoreboard production in a sports and entertainment facility; producing content for sporting and entertainment arena events
- Strong knowledge of video production workflow and HDR, Wide Color Gamut and 4K production
- Specific and intimate knowledge of A/V Production systems including – but not limited to – Ross Expression, Vitec IPTV and Dreamcatcher
- Knowledge of production setups and stylized looks. Lighting, green screen and audio setups for interviews and features
- Display highly functional knowledge of all Post Production technologies including ingest/output of media, file formats and conversions, media distribution and quality control
- Ability to lead and manage a team to maintain a positive, diverse and creative culture in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with attention to detail, and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Demonstrate strong production skills for content in a professional sports team and entertainment environment
- Previous experience with the NBA, concert and entertainment arena highly preferred
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, firstname.lastname@example.org, and include NBA Director Chase Center Productions (Golden State Warriors) in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.