Director of Loading Dock Operations – Golden State Warriors
San Francisco, CA
About the Position
We are seeking a dynamic and high energy individual to be our Director of Loading Dock Operations for our new arena, The Chase Center.
In this role, you will be part of our leadership team responsible of the building operations and you will be responsible for the oversight and execution of a variety of building and event-related functions relating to the management of the daily activities of the loading dock area, receiving of all deliveries and shipments, and leading a working relationship with the non-Chase Center retail and office tenants also using the loading dock.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise and improve your craft, while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and work towards results.
We believe that partnership, passion, and dedication is what makes the team successful. If your experience match our search, apply now and get the chance to join a highly motivated team and play a key role in the preparation and planning for the opening of the new Chase Center Arena in 2019.
This is a full-time position and is based in San Francisco, CA reporting to the Vice President of Operations.
- Lead all activities of the arena, office towers, and retail loading dock area operations.
- Primary liaison with office tower and retail management for the scheduling of deliveries and access to the area in coordination with arena activities.
- Coordinate loading dock usage with the arena food service vendor, trash removal, and TV and show related truck parking.
- Work closely with the Chase Center security team to ensure the proper inspection and access control of the loading dock area.
- Supervise the examination of incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond directly with the shipper to rectify.
- Lead the maintenance and inventory of loading dock equipment such as dock levelers, signals, and signage.
- Handle the loading dock equipment storage plan and overall area cleanliness.
- Coordinate back of house event-related loading dock operations, including planning and execution of a wide variety of sports and entertainment events for Chase Center and the surrounding complex.
- Work with the Event Services Department to ensure that each event’s building needs are met.
- Assist with developing and managing the operating budget for the Loading Dock.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, and leading the Loading Dock Operations team.
- Build, lead, and continually update the Standard Operating Procedure documentation program for the Loading Dock operations.
- Work closely with the CMMS work order system administrator to ensure Loading Dock preventative maintenance and building repairs are performed and documented in a timely manner.
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve operational problems, complaints, and emergency repairs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in the management of the operational fleet of Chase Center vehicles, including golf carts, fork lifts, scissor lifts, and vans.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all BOH employees, including the development of a comprehensive workplace safety program, following all Cal OSHA and local safety regulations.
- You are a problem-solver and strategic thinker to implement immediate corrective action.
- You are a high energy team leader committed to providing extraordinary service and dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- You are highly organized with excellent project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to lead, give clear and concise direction, and provide constructive criticism to staff.
- Excellent customer service and strong communication skills with the ability to build positive relationship y across various internal departments
- Thrive in a growing environment with the ability to handle multiple tasks at a time.
- Be able to work extended hours including nights, weekends, on-call status, and holidays as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of growing experience relating to loading dock facility operations, preferably in an arena or stadium.
- 3-5 years of progressive supervisory management experience.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) required.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include NBA Director Loading Dock Operations (Golden State Warriors) in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.