Director, Venue Marketing
About the Position
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for overseeing all applicable marketing functions related to the Barclays Center franchises, specifically, Brooklyn Show, Brooklyn Family, Brooklyn Boxing and Brooklyn Hoops and other properties within BSE Global. The individual filling this position must possess great energy, a good sense of advertising in New York City, organizational skills, and excellent communication skills.
Brooklyn Event Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Oversee marketing, advertising, and promotional activities for Barclays Center arena events
- Negotiate rates and buy/trade media across TV, radio, OOH, digital, social and grassroots marketing for a variety of events
- Oversee promotions for events on a show by show basis
- Assist and implement the development of media/marketing plans for Barclays Center franchises
- Deliver marketing programs and platforms within approved budget
- Liaise with media, including broadcast and advertising partners
- Manage the marketing budget for Barclays Center arena events
- Serve as marketing liaison to team’s Partnership Marketing department to create value for team’s sponsors through marketing initiatives
- Serve as marketing liaison to BSE Global’s Group Sales department to help drive group ticket sales through marketing initiatives
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Intermediate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Must be highly ethical and discrete in order to respect, protect and maintain confidential/private information including company documents and records
- Keen attention to detail, strong conflict resolution, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Flexible and reliable standout colleague, always acting in the best interest of their department and the company as a whole
- Ability to create and maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7-10 years of Advertising/Marketing experience
- Arena industry experience preferred
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
Works primarily in an office environment, however, will be expected to attend all Barclays Center events, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include NBA Director Venue Marketing (BSE Global) in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.