Director, Partnership Strategy – BSE Global
About the Position
- Develops groundbreaking 360-degree marketing concepts and partnership proposals for affiliated properties and franchises
- Supports creative strategic development of sales materials for priority properties, including proactive planning with the corporate sales department
- Leads a Global Partnership Strategy team in the creation of dynamic, multi-platform marketing programs and presentations for prospective partners to drive sponsorship sales revenue, renewals, and elevate affiliated properties and franchises
- Ensures all presentation materials tell a consistent brand story, representative of the premium position of affiliated properties within the market
- Represents the Company in pitch meetings and presentations with clients and agencies
- Liaises with social, creative, community relations, digital and analytics to develop integrated marketing concepts and assets
- Supervises the development and implementation of presentation creative including activation mock ups and presentation boards
- Leads the development of sales materials to include presentations, one-sheets, case studies, and sizzle videos
- Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive landscape for the Company’s sports and entertainment properties and venues
- Manages and mentors the Global Partnership Strategy team, ensuring career development and growth
- Supports the Marketing and Programming departments, with tasks relating to proposals, presentation development and special project deliverables to include strategy development, writing and visuals
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Photoshop; Sportsdigita and/or video editing ability preferred
- Thorough knowledge of sports and live events landscape to include competitive brand strengths, weaknesses and market position
- Must have knowledge of media and grassroots activation platforms to include digital, mobile, on-site, as it relates to integrated marketing and development of convergent programs
- Must be a solid negotiator and possess outstanding customer service skills
- Keen attention to detail, strong conflict resolution, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Flexible and reliable standout colleague, always acting in the best interest of their department and the company as a whole
- Ability to create and maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree required (Public Relations, English or Marketing Communications preferred)
- 7-10 years of experience in marketing and sales and/or marketing and advertising agencies
- Experience supervising one or more direct reports
- Experience in integrated marketing and/or partnership marketing in sports and entertainment preferred
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
Works primarily in an office environment but is expected to attend games and Barclays Center events on evenings, weekends and holidays.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include NBA Director Partnership Strategy (BSE Global) in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.