Director, Workplace & End User Computing – MSG
New York, NY
About the Position
Senior leader responsible for all aspects of the strategy and execution for creating a world class workplace experience for Madison Square Garden associates. This key organizational leader will focus on designing various workplace technologies and capabilities with the ‘millennial mindset’ as the primary consideration. The individual should be familiar with developing and delivering designs and capabilities around desktop, tablet, wearable and mobile infrastructure with a vision for simplicity, automation and self-empowerment functions. Overall experience with workplace and end user computing services design, measurement and transformation will be critical functions associated with this role. Other aspects of the role will focus on directory and collaboration services administration and design (e-mail, active directory, LDAP, e-directory) plus software deployment, device maintenance and the virtual desktop environment.
- Leads the effort to develop new strategies around the ‘consumerization’ of the end user experience at Madison Square Garden. This includes such key concepts as ‘wireless everywhere’, BYOD and wearable technology.
- Responsible for the service design and operations of the end user experience. This includes key business processes for provisioning, device management, security and compliance, self-enablement technology and technology upgrades.
- Creates the strategy for unified communications and collaboration technologies including email, chat, blogging and video conferencing.
- Responsible for the continued evolution of the MSG support operating model inclusive of incorporating innovative approaches such as walk up support centers, third party outsourcing and self-healing technology.
- Responsible for setting the direction and strategy for desktop and end point device virtualization (VDI).
- Responsible for designing and delivering quality and always available domain services such as Active Directory, LDAP, and other associated e-Directories.
- Builds a team that will drive strategy around end user device automation, patching, configuration management and compliance. This includes the scale out and implementation of centralized management systems.
- Develops standards, qualifications and methods for the integration of the desktop architecture with new applications and internet browsers. Leader has extensive experience implementing strong quality assurance and release management processes.
- Works with third party suppliers and integrators on automating desktop support services and other support areas. Leads with an “automation first – cloud first – mobile first” mentality.
- Accountable for continually improving and applying service measurement metrics and SLA’s inclusive of reporting and dashboards. Ensures that all services are measured, reported and viewed the lens of continuous improvement.
- 10+ years of designing and delivering workplace and end user technology infrastructure with a minimum of 3 years at a Director and above level at a Fortune 500 company with significant scale.
- 5 to 7 years designing and delivering virtualized and automated technology capabilities in support of desktop and mobile computing platforms.
- 5+ years working with third party service suppliers – should include financial, SLA and service definition functions.
- Experience working with remote and offshore development and support teams.
- Experience developing and delivering large scale enterprise desktop and end user device management platforms such as Tanium, SCCM, Next Think, Intune, MDM and VDI.
- 10+ years’ experience negotiating with and managing OEM relationships.
- 3+ years’ experience working with enterprise class cloud services and DaaS providers such as Office365, AWS Workspaces, VMware Horizon, XENdesktop and thin app technology.
- Must have experience delivering fully automated solution – candidate must exhibit a zeal for automation within all services.
- 3+ years of running an Executive Support function – must have experience dealing with C-Suite level executives and have a natural instinct for customer service and crisis management.
- Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
- Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include NBA Director Workplace & End User Computing (MSG) in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.