Vice President, Process Engineering Finance – MSG Company
New York, NY
About the Position
This position interfaces with senior management throughout the Finance Division to collaborate on strategic and tactical solutions that impact Finance and Accounting efficiency and effectiveness. In addition, this position serves as a liaison between MSG Finance/Accounting and IT, which includes communicating with Corporate Applications team in delivery of Finance’s new initiatives and desired system enhancements.
- Support process change efforts to ensure successful adoption of product, service, work flow, and process initiatives.
- Evaluate and identify areas of potential exposure and internal control weakness and evaluate and improve processes and work flows to improve completion times.
- Assist in updates and system conversions for general ledger and fixed asset modules, suggest enhancements, and confirm functionality of delivered products meet requested expectations.
- Utilize Six Sigma sub-methodologies: DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, control) and DMADV (define, measure, analyze, design, verify) to evaluate the quality of all process opportunities and procedures.
- Strive for Six Sigma standards of excellence related to “defects” by ensuring consistent processes to improve the customer experience.
- Support the operations priorities through end to end mapping and redesign of current process.
- Provide insight on current processes.
- Implement processes, policies, and technology that position us to be a customer experience leader.
- Perform in-depth operational analysis of business processes to optimize the use of technology and enhance data management controls and data accountability standards;
- Work with production process owners to understand business needs and implement changes to current business processes;
- Perform financial and operational analysis to support recommended actions provided to senior management;
- Perform analysis and communicate financial reporting needs to project teams and stakeholders
- Administer documentation of requirements, comprehensive test plans, and acceptance testing; define and identify key measures and performance metric targets
- Liaise with and manage communication with Corporate Applications team in delivery of Finance’s new initiatives and desired system enhancements.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10-15 years’ management experience in a variety of leadership roles including accounting, process reengineering, and consulting within change initiatives.
- Possess an understanding of the day-to-day corporate related operations, the monthly closing process, account analysis, quarterly external, internal, and tax reporting packages.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and overall accounting process.
- BS or BA in Accounting/Finance, or equivalent, CPA preferred
- Exposure to writing and improving accounting policy and procedures
- Strong understanding of monthly closing, forecasting, and budgeting processes
- Experience with Financial Systems and corporate applications.
- Demonstrated strong project management and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience working alongside C-Suite Executives and comfortable managing in a matrixed organization to help drive effectiveness and highlight process gaps.
- PC skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint are essential; experience with Oracle preferred
- Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
- Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include NBA VP Process Engineering Finance (MSG Company) in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.