Greensboro Swarm – Director, Ticket Sales
About the Position
- Maximize revenue for team (e.g., season tickets, group sales, mini-plans) and group ticket sales, through sales and initiatives
- Lead, develop, motivate, train and give direction on a daily basis
- Identify potential, creative new streams of ticket revenue and strategically cultivate relationships to secure sales
- You will develop sales goals, commission structure and bonus plans
- Exhibit a solution-based approach that maximizes the value proposition and create compelling, innovative ticket programs and assets targeted toward specific marketing objectives
- Ability to establish and manage sales targets, revenue goals across a diverse number of products
- Create weekly sales reports and updates on sales team and sales goals
- Organize, create, market, and sell special events, properties (i.e., Kids’ Club, Youth-Coaches Clinics, etc.), and ancillary events surrounding those programs
- Develop sales plans (e.g., structure of ticket packages, pricing, and flexibility), and tailor to market’s needs
- Assist in developing long-term renewal strategy for all season ticket holders
- Work to achieve and meet individual and team goals established at start of each fiscal year
- Lead, develop, motivate and train all account executives
- Practice and teach excellence in both sales skills/process and customer relationship building practices
- Lead and fully execute key initiatives that support organization’s sales strategy
- Assist account executives in creating and nurture relationship with clients and prospects through various means including; networking events, prospecting at games, in-seat visit at games, etc.
- Understand department budgets and maximize revenue within that budget
- Provide timely and accurate records of sales efforts both to leadership and within CRM system detailing sales activity, sales performance, appointment recaps, prospecting activities and attendance records
- Responsible for all sales reporting to the NBA G League
- Work with our business manager in various Ticketmaster functions (e.g., ticket operations functions, archtics, reporting)
- Perform independent projects and other duties as assigned by the team President
- Bachelor degree required
- Minimum of 2-3 years confirmed experience leading sales and service efforts; experience with professional, minor league or college team is preferred
- Experience in sales training
- Proficient in CRM and ticketing software (Ticketmaster), experience in Archtics is preferred
- Excellent leadership abilities, including enthusiastic thinking and collaboration to drive the optimal business decisions
- Exceptional people skills; participate well in a team environment, communicate well with people at various levels and be able to develop strong working relationships with community, co-workers and other organizations
- Self-motivated teammate who has the drive and ability to focus on both team and individual revenue goals, as well as, department and organizational objectives
- Ability to align and prioritize organizational goals over individual interests
- Well organized and have strong time management skills along with customer service skills
- An endlessly positive attitude, enthusiastic mindset and self-starter mentality
- Flexibility to adapt to a frequently changing work environment, and deliver on challenging demands
- Delivers work by or ahead of deadline and thrives within a fast paced environment
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and all home games
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Greensboro Swarm – Director, Ticket Sales in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.