Los Angeles Clippers – Director, Corporate Partnerships
Los Angeles, CA
About the Position
- Prospect, nurture, and close new business partnerships using Clippers controlled media/sponsorship assets, using a combination of phone prospecting and onsite and out-of-office sales meetings.
- Develop new, exciting, and creative concepts and integrated programs, in conjunction with our partners, that provide measurable benefits to each individual partner based on their stated needs and business objectives.
- Partner with internal departments including, Marketing, Community Relations, Communications, Ticket Sales & Services to build a broader activation platform for Corporate Partners.
- Meet and exceed revenue goals and sales activity levels, and report on personal production and activities.
- Strive to achieve or exceed company and department renewal and incremental revenue objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and media planning & buying agencies.
- Conduct Corporate Partnership renewal process, including presentation of recap documents, providing recommendations for growing the partnership, preparation of renewal proposals, account summaries and deal term preparation.
- Craft added value and up-sell opportunities for existing Corporate Partners.
- Handle all elements of Corporate Partner agreements in relation to signage, print, television, radio, memberships, Internet, promotions, community relations, and hospitality.
- Partner with Finance department to ensure accurate and timely billing per contract and also monitoring of payments received.
- Attend and participate in weekly departmental sales and game-related marketing and activation meetings.
- Generate and distribute account summaries for assigned Corporate Partners.
- Be knowledgeable of corporate partner’s business and industry
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, marketing (or similar field) or Sports Management from four-year college or university required.
- Minimum of five years in a similar position with a consumer brand, agency, media/sports property or similar organization.
- Able to establish and maintain corporate relationships, with senior level executives, managers/clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general promotional concepts and marketing principles.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Willingness to work long and sometimes irregular hours; including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution.
- Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Los Angeles Clippers – Director, Corporate Partnerships in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.