New Orleans Pelicans – VP, Brand Strategy
About the Position
- Oversee execution of brand strategy (creative, brand, communications, events and social) that is in line with the Senior Leadership’s vision and directive
- Oversee the planning, development and execution of the Teams’ marketing strategy and initiatives that are consistently tied to our underlying brand principles, values, and customer needs
- Oversee and assist in the product development of each Team
- Drive brand strategy by aligning with sales and profitability goals
- Analysis of a wide range of information in great detail to gain a comprehensive context to advertising strategies
- Strategic direction that will contribute toward increased business and stronger marketing strategies for the Saints and Pelicans
- Brand positioning development and creative insight resulting in communications that resonate with target audiences
- Manage day-to-day brand management, working with cross-functional teams, to ensure that all channels (physical, digital, press, social) are integrated, cohesive and compelling and represent the brand objectives and revenue goals
- Serve as an incubator of new ideas that are directed towards new audience development, and driving revenue opportunities; a hunger for staying on top of the trends and ‘headlines’ in the market and think through potential tie to brand strategy
- Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results
- Articulates an inspiring vision for the future and establishes high performance expectations
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and redesigning processes
- Translate marketing objectives into clear strategies
- Oversee the promotion of products
- Assist in pricing strategies and product placement
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree required with M.B.A highly desirable
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive consumer research, analytics, database/digital marketing and brand marketing experience
- Fortune 500 or Agency experience building a brand desirable
- The ability to frame strategic options and create a clear path forward is critical
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with superior presentation skills required
- Solid background in qualitative/quantitative research and marketing analytics
- Outstanding morale and team-building skills
- Proven staff leadership skills to effectively manage staff through development, empowerment, and motivation
- Strong organizational skills and ability to delegate responsibility as needed
- Ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships at multiple levels
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually, and creatively with a strong vision for brand strategy
- Flexibility to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, as required, in non-traditional settings
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time while working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds comfortably
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include New Orleans Pelicans – VP, Brand Strategy in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.