San Antonio Spurs – Director, Fan Experience
San Antonio, TX
About the Position
- Collaborate and direct all stakeholders and all partners to develop, redefine, execute and revise the fan experience.
- Establish, communicate and supervise agreed upon fan experience goals for each partner and the partners’ ability to successfully implement programs to reach service goals.
- Analyze reports (Service Scouts, Aware Manager, Archtics, MOD, Event Surveys, Ticketmaster Analyst-Bazaarvoice, & Event Scouts) and collaborate with key stakeholders to improve processes, create efficiencies and improve experiences.
- Develop, implement and ensure consistency of standards related to fan experience training for internal departments as well as contracted partners.
- Oversee annual experience mapping process for all events at the AT&T Center. Sharing findings with internal stakeholders and contracted partners to assure a proactive response to changing touchpoint trends.
- Oversee budget planning and tracking, engage in business and strategy planning and provide insight and recommendations.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Four (4) year bachelor’s degree or equivalent in hospitality or a related field of study.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience in the Hospitality Industry.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving capability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite along with other applicable technological applications relevant to the position.
- Experience with Archtics, Ticketmaster Analyst-Bazaarvoice preferred.
- Experience with complex guest resolution in a sport and entertainment environment preferred.
- Ability to manage guest expectations and experience in a high-volume environment.
- Effective customer service program development, planning and training experience required.
- Ability to lead a large, diverse teams of Fan Experience employees.
- Demonstrated natural diplomacy with the ability to understand and execute a professional poise, while demonstrating integrity, and adaptability.
- A flexible schedule is required including the ability to work events occurring on weekends, variable shifts, and holidays.
- Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time/navigate in an arena/sports facility setting.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include San Antonio Spurs – Director, Fan Experience in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.