Texas Legends – Director, Business Development
About the Position
Responsible for maximizing revenue from the sale of tickets to consumers, groups and corporations.
- Developing, writing and leading the implementation of a marketing and sales plan for season, group and individual tickets;
- Directing sales forecasting activities and setting performance goals;
- Reviewing market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates;
- Creating and implementing sales promotion programs and literature;
- Representing the Team at local business and group association meetings to promote the team;
- Delivering sales presentations to key clients and meeting with key clients – maintain relationships, negotiations and close deals.
Qualified candidates will have successful sales experience – success in selling a variety of ticket packages for a sports or entertainment venue or event is preferred. Bachelor’s degree is required.
The ideal candidate will have proven interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills. He/she should be organized, enthusiastic, and focused. The selected candidate will be multi-task oriented with the ability to work within demanding timeframes, have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees, and have demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. Familiarity with the town and the sport is beneficial. Computer proficiency is necessary.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Texas Legends – Director, Business Development in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.