Santa Cruz Warriors – Director, Ticket Sales & Service
Santa Cruz, CA
About the Position
We are looking for an experienced and creative sales executive to lead our Ticket Sales and Service Department. Do you have a strong background of sales success and the ability to mentor and develop a growing sales team? In this role, you are responsible for generating revenue and continued collaboration with the leadership team to ensure a strategic business model. You are a creative and resilient professional with determination, fortitude, dedication who wants to have the chance to create innovative programs to drive new business and expand audience. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to implement new strategies and techniques based on research, data and success rates.
This is an excellent opportunity to share expertise while learning more about our growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values initiative, creativity and drive for results.
You will work closely and report to the Vice President of Business Development. This position is located in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Lead all season, group, and single ticket sales and retention efforts to obtain overall revenue and attendance goals
- Generate new revenue as an individual contributor by selling season tickets, partial plans and group tickets
- Design and handle reporting protocols to monitor performance
- Develop, refine and handle ticket holder benefit programs that improve brand loyalty and drive retention
- Drive retention strategies, including customer database, team website, ticket holder surveys, etc.
- Develop and administer sales and service training programs
- Support sales reps in their efforts to achieve sales goals
- Monitor productivity levels of sales reps and assess their performance regularly
- Bachelor’s degree in business, related field, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience in the field of ticket sales
- NBA, WNBA, G League, NCAA ticket sales management experience preferred
- Proficiency with Archtics and Salesforce CRM programs
- Strong leadership, mentoring, collaboration and relationship-building talents
- Consistent track record handling a budget and driving sales revenues
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to be dedicated and flexible in the face of change and last minute initiatives
- Flexible schedule – evenings and weekends are required
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Santa Cruz Warriors – Director, Ticket Sales & Service in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.