Lead Legal Analyst
About the Position
The Lead Legal Analyst independently works with various business units in a wide variety of complex legal and compliance matters. The Lead Legal Analyst will identify, research, analyze, comment on and monitor legal issues and draft legal documents pertaining to their area of expertise and the areas of business they support. The position most often applies well established law to a routine set of facts. Lead Legal Analyst may work with business unit management to discuss legal issues and interact with regulators, clients, other Legal Analysts and Sr. Legal Counsel and Legal Counsel as required. Further, this position may be tasked with complex contract responsibilities associated with documentation relating to the firm’s U.S. institutional separate account and retail SMA (i.e., managed account) clients. This may include the independent review and drafting of agreements, amendments, and other related documents. The Lead Legal Analyst may be responsible for the negotiation process up to a signature requirement.
- Conducts independent reviews during the negotiation of contracts and agreements, and conducts the review of documents and determines areas that do not meet TRP standards. Drafts legal documents such as client contracts, guidelines and amendments to ensure consistent and legally sound practices are adhered to within each business unit. May complete negotiation process up to signature, with consult from Legal Counsel on particularly sensitive or novel issues. Creates amendments to existing contracts that are consistent with both TRP and client standards. Researches regulatory requirements and legal issues which arise on an ongoing basis in connection with portfolio management and contract negotiation to determine the impact and next steps. Supports Sr. Legal Counsel and Legal Counsel primarily with regard to Price’s U.S. institutional separate account and retail SMA (i.e., managed account) activity.
- Analyzes and researches legal matters within a business unit and firm-wide and presents to the attorneys the results of this research including interpretations, findings, and recommendations. Understands business implications of changes in regulations and advises businesses of such changes. Ensures any process changes implemented by the businesses (e.g., improvements or streamlining of procedures) are in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Drafts responses and assists Sr. Legal Counsel and Legal Counsel in connection with the review of requests for proposals, due diligence questionnaire, client questionnaires and certifications, and other related matters applicable to Price’s U.S. institutional separate accounts as well as retail SMA (i.e., managed accounts).
- Reviews and analyzes current and/or pending regulations to determine the impacts to the advisory business. Consults with relevant internal & external parties to determine necessary actions. Collaborates with counsel and business partners to implement and ensure continued compliance with regulations.
- College degree and 2 years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 4 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 6 years related work experience
- Demonstrated specialist in area of expertise
- Analytical skills allied with creative thinking
- Ability to set priorities, delegate responsibility, and provide guidance
- Excellent writing skills.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to explain legal matters to clients and non-legal personnel.
- Ability to handle heavy workloads within tight timeframes.
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team and apply sound decision making skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft suite of products – Word and Excel.
- Ability to adapt to internally-developed systems.
- Strong managerial and process improvement skills if managing people or responsible for processes.
- College Degree and additional 3 or more years of previous regulatory, industry, and/or paralegal experience in the area of expertise. Work experience in a legal or business environment.
- Familiarity with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 or investment advisory activities or financial services in general.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include T. Rowe Price Lead Legal Analyst in the subject line.
About T. Rowe Price
Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.