Senior Director, Global Data Security
About the Position
The Senior Director of the GSO Global Data Security team will lead a highly skilled and focused team providing world-class data protection services to identify and protect ADP client and associate sensitive data throughout the data life cycle. This includes leading the enforcement of data security and privacy policies which exist to mitigate operational risks associated with data in motion and at rest.
The Senior Director of Data Security will have a deep understanding of data protection threats and mitigating controls. They will interact with the Converged Security Architecture, Security Engineering, Security Operations, Project Management, Data Privacy Team, and global IT Teams to develop, enhance, and drive the vision of the data security program.
- Work with strategic product, information technology, and information security to create a future vision for next generation data security.
- Develop, implement, and operationalize risk based data security programs and services. This includes defining goals, metrics, process, and supporting technology.
- Support the comprehensive orchestration and automation of solutions to gain efficiencies throughout the incident response and technical security services lifecycles.
- Maintain an expert level understanding of emergent and existing data security threats and mitigating controls.
- Provide consulting to the business and IT to adhere with ADP’s data security standards and industry best practices.
- Drive the discovery and prioritization of securing unstructured data repositories, network gateways for compliance, and enforcement with ADP data protection policies and standards.
- Lead efforts to gather/define requirements to develop detection capabilities per ADP’s data classification policy.
- Run the operational services to scan, classify, and protect sensitive data at rest or in motion to audit and/or enforce data protection controls.
- Continually improve program objectives, address gaps, review exceptions, and reduce risk to ADP’s sensitive data.
- Support the drive of global GDPR data security adoption and initiatives.
- Mentor and provide guidance for team members.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in security role including planning, implementing and running security programs or similar experience.
- Strong project/program management experience, including, leadership across matrix teams.
- Strong analytical skills and cross functional knowledge across multiple security disciplines
- Strong knowledge and working experience with data leakage prevention (DLP), structured, and unstructured data protection (UDP) technologies and solutions
- Knowledge and working experience with Digital Rights Management (DRM), document tagging, and encryption technologies and solutions.
- Firm understanding of cryptographic methods as it relates to data protection.
- Familiarity with most major TCP/IP application protocols (SMTP, IMAP, HTTP, HTTPS, CIFS, FTP, RDP, TELNET, SSH, LDAP, KRB5, DHCP, DNS)
- Creative thinker that leverages unconventional and innovative ideas to solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal presentation, and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, be trustworthy, and have the ability to lead and inspire change.
- Master’s Degree in Information / Cyber Security, Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent education and experience required.
- Information Security certifications are desirable : CISSP, GSEC, CISA, CISM, CRISC
ADP powers the working world with comprehensive solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the “Most Admired Companies” by FORTUNE Magazine, and recognized by Forbes as one of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies,” ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 65 years of experience as one of the largest providers of human capital management solutions world-wide.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.