Senior Procurement Manager–Global Technology and Operations
(also open to the following locations pending candidates’ overall experiences/qualifications: Wilmington, DE; Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Riverside, RI; Plano, TX)
The Chief Administrative Office (CAO) Group is responsible for strategic and operational priorities that support the company’s eight lines of business. The team’s objectives are to understand what the businesses need to best serve our customers and employees, to help connect the dots across all enterprise functions and to drive operational excellence and deliver responsible growth. The CAO Group brings together several critical functions that drive integration in support of the bank’s strategy, while at the same time helping maintain a solid financial and operational foundation for growth by leading the following functions and services:
- Business controls and enablement
- Corporate communications and media relations
- Global corporate security
- Global corporate services
- Global marketing
- Global procurement
- Global real estate services
- Global resolution and recovery planning
- Local market support
- Operational excellence
Various Job Responsibilities Include:
- Leading strategic program development execution for product/ line of business/ customer segment
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Communications peers, Marketing, Line of Business and other key constituents to provide comprehensive Media/PR expertise across channels, disciplines, audiences, proactive and reactive activities, tactics and measurement.
- Lead integrated marketing, acquisition and audience engagement efforts
- Leading strategic procurement events, effective contract negotiation, save forecasting, stakeholder engagement, risk management and governance.
- Deliver holistic workplace financial solutions to our corporate clients, in addition to educating relationship managers (and their client team) about our comprehensive solutions for companies and their employees
- Oversight and strategy for our risk assessment framework
About the Position
Leads a team of procurement professionals in support of Bank of America’s Global Technology and Operations team managing a spend of $2B across multiple areas such as Collection & Recovery, Specialty Servicing and Mortgage & Vehicle Servicing, Wealth Management Operations, Enterprise Fraud, Deposit, Card, Printing Shared Services, Cash Management, Corporate Accounts Payable, and the global IT delivery organization.
Responsible for strategic procurement events, effective contract negotiation, save forecasting, stakeholder engagement, risk management and governance. Must have broad and strategic subject matter expertise with the ability to manage any commodity in support of the business. Trusted advisor to their business partners and an ambassador for Global Procurement. Leverages current and future business requirements, market intelligence, and historical spend information to oversee the development of innovative category strategies that drive a simplified supply base, business value and continuously reduces costs. Ensures business partners are effectively implementing the Third Party Policy and provides guidance to leadership throughout the third party risk management life-cycle.Will lead and manage of team at least 8 direct reports.
- Must have a minimum of 5-7+ years of experiences in Global Procurement within a large/Fortune 500 sized organization
- Must have prior management experiences and the ability to inspire and develop a high performing team
- Proven project management skills, including strong interpersonal, stakeholder management and collaboration skills to support working within and across functions, influencing for results and driving improvements
- Solid understanding of third party contracts, and all aspects of deal structuring and negotiating
- Highly motivated self-starter and change agent
- Excellent problem solving and analytic skills
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Strongly prefer experiences in financial service, technology vertical
- Direct procurement/third party experience related to sourcing and/or category management
- Have experience managing outsourcing and/or third party risk
- Working knowledge of local law and outsourcing laws, rules, and regulations
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Bank of America Merrill Lynch Senior Procurement Manager–Global Technology and Operations in the subject line.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
Bank of America is one of the world’s largest financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company serves approximately 56 million U.S. consumer and small business relationships. It is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading.
For all Bank of America Merrill Lynch listings, visit their Careers page.