Bilingual Marketing Counsel, Manager
McLean, VA; Richmond, VA
Capital One’s growing Legal Department will allow you to showcase your talents in a fast paced, fun environment. At Capital One, you get to work with bright and intelligent individuals who with help elevate you to a new level. If you enjoy working with a team of high performing top talent, Capital One is the place for you! Our legal team thrives on collaborating and creates an environment where everyone’s voice is heard. This exciting role will allow you to use your depth and breadth of experience to strategize and influence management as well as the business lines you support. In addition, you will have the opportunity to enhance your skills and broaden your knowledge. Come to Capital One to be a part of challenging work while enjoying our exceptional culture and work life balance.
The Regulatory Advisory Team in Capital One’s Legal Department is seeking a bilingual attorney to review marketing materials and other communications for compliance with all consumer regulatory laws and internal marketing policies and controls, including the appropriate translation and use of Spanish. This position will report to the Associate General Counsel, Enterprise Specialty Servicing and Credit Bureau Management, and will have responsibility for (1) identifying and assessing risks associated with acquisition and customer management marketing materials in Spanish and practices for Capital One’s products in the U.S.; and (2) active engagement and legal support in marketing and communication initiatives across the company as part of a collaborative and cross-functional team. This position presents the opportunity to work closely with business partners, language experts, Legal Department subject matter experts, senior line of business attorneys and Compliance stakeholders to address risks, develop creative solutions, and resolve issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) or Master of Laws (LLM) with admission to at least one state bar
- At least 3 years as counsel with marketing laws and regulations experience or at least 3 years as counsel with regulatory experience or a combination of both
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, both written and conversational
- 4+ years of experience as an attorney in a law firm, in-house legal department, compliance or government agency
- Familiarity with consumer laws, regulations and disclosures
- Ability to identify and describe legal risks presented by very detailed marketing materials
- Ability to build collegial and effective relationships with attorneys, business
managers, creative teams, experts, analysts, project managers, and Corporate
- Ability to prioritize a significant volume of marketing materials and to manage
multiple, simultaneous deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence others
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Capital One Bilingual Marketing Counsel, Manager in the subject line.