Chief Human Resources Officer (Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment)
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned eSports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the most strategic minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, we strive to be one of the most groundbreaking, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. We also work to positively impact the local communities in which we operate through the powerful platform of sports.
We offer an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, New Jersey, hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the US by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
About the Position
Does the thought of working at an innovative and rapidly growing sports & entertainment entity excite you? If so, we want you to be a part of our organization! The Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the global business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of organizational planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, diversity and inclusion, training and development, and compensation. In partnership with senior leadership, you will define key Human Resources needs and plans and build a first class organization that promotes a culture of growth and innovation.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support our mission and strategic vision.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet our human capital needs.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and effective for our employees and the company.
Qualifications (educational, experience, and basic knowledge requirements)
- Critical Evaluation- excellence in problem-solving, must exhibit good judgment
- Leadership & Navigation- outstanding management and leadership skills
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Human Resource expertise
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Business Acumen: entrepreneurial, hardworking, and highly collaborative leader
- Work well under pressure and sound judgement in crisis situations
- Dedication to innovative thinking and execution
- Ethical practice
- Ability to balance several tasks simultaneously and to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Be adaptable and adjust to changing project scopes and timelines
- Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities by taking initiative; self-starter
- Relationship Management: excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact with vendors, colleagues and clients
- Must possess a friendly and professional attitude; a great teammate
- Professional attitude with a high energy level, strong work ethic and punctuality
- Strong mentoring skills with the capability of developing employees
- 20+ years of Human Resources experience preferred, with at least five years of executive HR experience.
- Passion for building high-performing teams and working in an industry that requires a demanding schedule, the ability to adapt and prioritize key objectives.
- Willingness to actively support local community of Camden, Philadelphia and Newark and the surrounding areas
- Diverse projects and experience in multiple business functions
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment–Chief Human Resources Officer in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.