About the Position
The purpose of this role is to provide injection molding expertise, mentoring and support to the device manufacturing operations and to interface with all functional groups both inside and outside of Lilly Device Manufacturing. Additionally, this role supplies support to the new development activities of DDCS and Advanced Development
Key Objectives / Deliverables:
New Development Support:
- First point of contact for new development opportunities requiring Injection Molding expertise
- Provide Tooling and processing knowledge of Contract Manufacturers capabilities
- Ensure Design for Manufacturing is considered during the development of new devices
- Partner with DDCS and Advance development functions to provide molding input on part design
- Identify and assess new tool builders and molding contract manufacturers
- Ensure JPT support is executed per the requirements out lined in Injection Molding engineer job description
Product & Production Support:
- Serve as and meet the requirements of the Responsible Engineer per EFS-1001
- Formally mentor and train new engineers
- Ensure each engineer supporting the Joint Process Team has completed the IDM Injection Molding Engineering Qualiifcation
- Provide back-up support for Joint Process Team
- Ensure consistency in the level of support provided by the front line Injection Molding Engineers
- Ensure compliance with Lilly Engineering Functional Standards that are applicable to Devices
- Drive continuous improvement with business process with Injection Molding
- Stay up-to-date with latest injection molding techniques and tooling advancements
- Communicate and train members of IDM on basics of injection molding as well as new developments
- Interface with industry organizations (Example: RJG, Society of Plastics Engineers…etc)
Teamwork / Leadership / Communication:
- Maintain frequent contact with the customers and suppliers and provide regular project updates.
- Keep customers informed and satisfied with changes through network and communication
- Minor administrative responsibilities in assistance of IDM injection Molding Manager
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or Science
- Minimum 10 years of Injection Molding Industry experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Demonstrated high degree of ownership / accountability
- Ability to work across boundaries (with equipment suppliers, Lilly Mfg sites, parts suppliers, development team, etc)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including technical writing
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Completion of RJG Master Molder Certification or equivalent experience
- Understanding of medical device and/or pharmaceutical validation and other related Regulatory requirements
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Lilly Consultant Engineer–IDM in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.