Counsel – Managed Healthcare Services Legal
About the Position
Would you like a career where you get to use your legal expertise? Are you seeking a career that makes a difference in the world? We are seeking a new legal team member to provide legal counsel to our Managed Healthcare business partners.
As counsel for Lilly Managed Healthcare Services, you will provide strategic legal advice and practical counsel to Lilly’s U.S. affiliate and Corporate Affairs organization. In addition, you will offer legal advice on the company’s interactions with managed care organizations (including Medicare Part D, commercial health plans, PBMs), hospitals, group purchasing organizations, Accountable Care Organizations, Integrated Delivery Networks, and physician practice groups. These legal matters include counseling on contract drafting and development, product distribution and reimbursement issues, the Anti-kickback Statute and its safe harbors, the False Claims Act, antitrust, commercial law, and other business transactions.
Your activities in this role may include the following:
- Providing legal counsel on pricing, fraud and abuse, anti‐kickback, antitrust, and marketing compliance in the context of payer, PBM, and distribution contracts
- Influencing the external environment by working with Government Affairs, Public Policy and trade associations to review and assist on issues impacting US biopharma
- Participating as a core member of US leadership teams responsible for product pricing and commercialization strategies
- Working across functions and brands on numerous issues including FDA promotional laws, the intersection between medical and marketing personnel, Real World Evidence, federal healthcare program compliance and privacy.
- Assisting the customer audit group in evaluating audit findings and leading dispute resolution and settlements.
- JD degree and currently admitted to the bar in at least one U.S. state
- Candidate must be eligible to be admitted to the bar in Indiana under Indiana Admissions Rules
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant legal experience either practicing as a member of a law firm in a relevant area of law or practicing in house at a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company’s law department or a combination of the two.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Previous experience working in a nationally-recognized law practice
- Knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical laws and regulations as generally practiced by multinational pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Familiarity with clinical collaborations, anti-kickback statute, competition law, pricing, reimbursement and access issues as they pertain to the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to prioritize multiple priorities in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a shown ability to present complex information accurately and concisely to influence others at all levels of management
- Ability to assess and help business colleagues balance risks in a highly regulated environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven learning agility
- Strong background demonstrating ability to influence people and outcomes
- Committed to teamwork and collaboration
- Previous commercial contracting experience
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, email@example.com, and include Lilly Counsel – Managed Healthcare Services Legal in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.