About the Position
Clinical Trial Capabilities supports clinical development, a critical component to Lilly’s mission of delivering life-changing medicines. You will provide leadership, guidance and technical expertise to the Trial Capabilities Consultants, Associates and Assistants focusing on results and driving efficiency to meet or exceed goals and objectives.
The Trial Capabilities Business Operations Manager is responsible for providing direction, leadership, technical/process expertise to and supervisory responsibility for, the associates, assistants and consultants supporting clinical budgeting and payment activities. This position works in close collaboration with and gives guidance to business partners, ensures and facilitates compliance, enables process improvements, ensures timely and reliable delivery and measures organizational accountability.
The Manager is expected to balance the requirements of streamlined, customer-focused and timely budgeting process and ensure appropriate controls/oversight.
In this role you will have the opportunity to…
- Be accountable for establishing, obtaining and exceeding goals for clinical trial budget processes.
- Craft and execute budget strategies across the dynamic portfolio.
- Continually strengthen the customer experience through innovative strategic solutions.
- Build synergetic relationships with key business partners, maintaining clear communication of progress.
- Prioritize the work to meet the needs of the portfolio through ensuring flexibility of resources across trial capabilities teams.
- Influence the sharing of learning across the organization and with other functional groups within the Clinical Design, Delivery and Analytics Organization.
- Partner with Clinical Systems and Supply Planning Organization to increase the efficiency through the use of technology and other advanced resources.
- Partner closely with Design Hub Analytics to ensure consistent feedback loop on budget negotiations and budget creations.
- Foster an innovative mindset and create an environment that drives efficiency through enhanced processes, people skills, and shared learning.
- Recruit, develop, and retain a scientific and operationally capable workforce skilled and knowledgeable in clinical development and budgets.
- Develop a culture that exemplifies diversity, inclusion and innovation and demonstrates judgment based decision-making.
- Drive succession management and performance discussions with a constant focused on continued capability development.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a scientific or health related field, clinical research experience preferred
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Understanding financial, procurement and/or business process management.
- Validated leadership skills and ability to influence others and lead across the business.
- Third Party Organization interaction and/or management.
- Project management processes and skills.
- Appreciation of / experience in compliance-driven environment.
- Ability to learn and align with financial and legal guidelines and policies.
- Effective communication, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
- Self-management and organizational skills.
- Previous supervisory experience or proven leadership capabilities
- Experience with process improvement and/or Six Sigma
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Lilly Manager–Trial Capabilities in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.