Director of Live Programming & Entertainment
About the Position
- Department lead to direct Bucks live game programming and events for all home pre-season, regular season and playoff games
- Assist with direction of select Fiserv Forum events including Marquette Men’s Basketball and concerts/events.
- Oversee the organization, production, and execution of all assets for every Bucks game night
- Direct all game day materials including: writing scripts, game day formats, work schedules, and game day assignments
- Supervisor for all Bucks game night entertainment and personalities including: hosts, PA, DJ, and Bucks Entertainment Network
- Execute all in-game promotions including: live features, crowd prompts, music and camera shots
- Book National Anthem, Color Guard, Halftime and other in-arena/plaza entertainment for game nights and events
- Sets and monitors group sales act standards and approves all entertainment performances
- Develop strong long-term relationships with entertainment and production vendors that result in achieving production/performance goals while maximizing the company’s budget limitations.
- Supervise and develop all department internships including: creating work assignments, scheduling, and payroll
- Act as talent scout searching out new talent, music, movie clips or entertainment that could be incorporated into Bucks game presentation
- Work closely with other departments (i.e…Corporate Partnerships, Ticket Sales, Marketing, and Community Relations) to help activate department objectives
- Research methods and practices that NBA teams and other professional sports team utilize in game presentation and special events
- Lead and conduct bi-weekly meetings with all department managers that utilize in-game inventory. Manage all company inventory on a day-to-day basis and will assist the Director in creation/adjustment of inventory processes to start each season.
- Assist with video production for internal and external clients
- Develop and maintain up to date list of Bucks inventory used at games and special events
- 5-7 years of live entertainment programming and/or related production experience with at least 2 years of experience in an stadium or arena entertainment experience
- Outstanding communication skills and a positive, energetic personality with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong creative abilities and a passion for content creation
- Availability to work ALL Milwaukee Bucks home games and other special events as needed
- Reliable, punctual, and courteous
- Good listening skills and ability to work with others
- Able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Strong knowledge of the NBA and the Milwaukee Bucks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and/or InDesign
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear
- Nature of the position requires unlimited physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds
- Must have the ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include NBA Director of Live Programming & Entertainment in the subject line.
In order to be considered you must submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position. Selection will be determined through an interview and screening process at the Milwaukee Bucks executive offices.
Applicants must successfully pass a background check.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.