Golden State Warriors – Director, Content & Programming
San Francisco, CA
About the Position
Do you strive to develop events with an out-of-the box approach? If so, then we want to talk to you about the Content and Programming Director position! This person will be primarily responsible for the programming and development of all non-tenant events. You must have a real interest in building positive relationships with clients, promoters, artist agents, and managers. We are seeking someone with a real passion for the industry and an individual with a creative mind. If you are well-connected in the entertainment industry and a self-starter with a drive for results we want to talk to you!
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity, and work towards results.
- Produce, negotiate, and book new arena event business by searching the marketplace for creative, and innovative ideas for public events for the Chase Center and the surrounding district including; concerts, family shows, sporting events and spectaculars.
- Develop dynamic business relationships with agents, promoters, and other talent purveyors through networking and seminars
- Collaborate with internal departments that support the entertainment line-of-business including: event services, finance, marketing, legal, and ticket operations
- Negotiate, compile, and create the event term sheet for the venue agreement and follow up with the box office for ticket sales and planning set forth by promoters
- Serve as the liaison to the marketing department once an event has been confirmed to ensure proper marketing information is distributed
- Assist in the coordination of the NBA and all other events in completion of the master calendar at Chase Center Arena
- Monitor expenses in preparation of the final event settlement with finance and handle the costs presentation
- Collaborate with all departments of Chase Center Arena and inform of any changes to the programmed event(s)
- Conduct facility tours for prospective clients
- BA in Business administration or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with a preference towards the sports and/or entertainment industry
- Flexibility to travel for business meetings and industry conferences
- Effectively speak and present to large groups of customers, partners organizational members
- Work extended hours including nights, weekends, on-call status, and holidays as necessary
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Golden State Warriors – Director, Content & Programming in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.