Golden State Warriors – Director, Transportation Demand Management
San Francisco, CA
About the Position
We are seeking for a dynamic, high energy and dedicated individual to be our Director, Transportation Demand Management. You will handle the planning and budget and follow up on external sources of funding (e.g. grants) to support TDM programs, projects and initiatives for the Chase Center Arena.
You will actively partner with multiple subject matter experts both internally and externally to effectively handle resources to develop, track, and present metrics and long-term transportation solutions to various audiences.
If you love sports, enjoy talking with people, and are highly motivated, this role is your chance to improve your craft. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and dedication.
This is a full-time position located in San Francisco, California reporting to our General Manager of Chase Center.
- Develops, implements, and leads TDM programs that increase the use of alternative transportation methods
- Communicates objectives, proposes policy changes, and develops plans and programs that minimize traffic flow and parking demand in and around Chase Center to employees, patrons, and the community
- Develops and implements surveys or control studies to evaluate proposed and current TDM program components
- Gathers, compiles, and analyzes data to identify a variety of commuting and long-term planning options
- Conducts program analysis to evaluate the attractiveness and effectiveness of TDM programs. Performs feasibility studies by modeling and forecasting a variety of transportation alternatives and issues
- Plans and develops program criteria to ensure strategies are meeting program objectives
- Evaluates the TDM plan and develops criteria to ensure that strategies are meeting tangible outcomes in relation to the financial investment required to sustain the program
- Works with employees, departments, patrons, consultants, external partners, and the community to ensure TDM goals are aligned with transportation needs; this includes working with various community agencies and groups on alternative transportation options
- Interacts frequently with other departments, private contractors, and SFMTA, develops and maintains a variety of professional relationships.
- Participates in public meetings to present planning proposals, gathers feedback from those affected by projects and reviews overall project designs
- Supports Chase Center, Senior Director of Parking and Transportation, and GSW in implementing, tracking, and recording parking-related CEQA and similar regulatory responsibilities, including applicable best management practices and legally-required mitigation measures.
- Assists Senior Director of Parking and Transportation· to support the organization with parking space allocation and analyze commute patterns and forecast allocation, demand, and utilization of parking and other commute resources.
- Other projects as assigned by the General Manager
- Bachelor’s/advanced degree in transportation/urban planning, public administration, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience working in urban, transportation, or land use planning and in leading large transportation programs including marketing and promoting transit options in an entertainment venue or campus parking and transportation office, or similar environment
- Knowledge of commute trip reduction programs, ridesharing systems, regional initiatives, and funding opportunities
- Strong knowledge and understanding of transportation issues and San Francisco and Bay Area transportation networks
- Knowledge of planning methodologies such as data collection and analytics, forecasting, modeling, and alternative analysis techniques
- Experience with statistical analysis tools, manipulating large data sets and spreadsheets, knowledge of programming and scripts to improve data management and analysis processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including public speaking, in presenting data, reports, and other information to a variety of internal and external partners with divergent points of view
- Working knowledge of SFMTA policies and procedures
- Experience in promoting non-auto modes of transportation.
- Available to work a dynamic schedule (overnights, evenings, weekends and holidays) as required
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Golden State Warriors – Director, Transportation Demand Management in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.