Atlanta Hawks – Director, Innovation Lab
About the Position
- Conduct cross industry research to identify new business/product opportunities, trends, and best practices
- Conduct research/focus groups with customers to identify opportunities
- Regularly review and analyze guest survey data, bringing a data driven mindset to innovation
- Dive deep to fully understand our business to identify the right customer problems
- Facilitating ideation sessions; implementing design thinking principles to arrive at disruptive/ transformative ideas
- Leading rapid innovation sprints, driving from idea to prototype in 5 days
- Executing pilots with live users, leveraging the scientific method to test hypothesis and generate validated learnings
- Responsible for keeping the work moving, in between Innovation Lab work sessions
- Build businesses cases and present opportunities to senior leadership
- Be a curious, creative, dynamic leader helping to drive innovation, transforming the Hawks & State Farm Arena into a model for other organizations to follow
- A Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience across multiple industries or experience in consulting/agencies
- Possesses project management skills in order to keep project team on track, on time, and on budget
- Experience with design thinking and facilitation
- Basic or advanced coding skills with the ability to rapidly build a prototype using tools such as Balsamiq, Mockplus, Axure RP
- A customer obsessed individual, that works vigorously to understand guest needs and develop products or businesses that meet those needs
- A curious learning machine – a willingness to dive deep into new domains and the unknown.
- A bias for action, with the ability to work in ambiguous and changing environments with little direction or information
- Able to manage failure and expectations, deriving learnings from every initiative
- Ability to collaborate with various departments and build strong relationships. Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence others to drive change
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Atlanta Hawks – Director, Innovation Lab in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.