Senior Financial Planner
Owings Mills, MD
About the Position
Lead a team of financial planning professionals whose responsibilities include the development of financial plans and delivering relevant and compliant advice for core, enhanced and high value clients. Providing financial planning support, thought leadership and subject matter expertise for Individual Investors related to financial planning topics as it pertains to the application to individual clients. Manages financial planning production environment and financial planning escalation process for 70+ client-facing associates.
Manages team of financial planners responsible for the creation of financial plans. Ensures Planners are well positioned to provide advice (live, in partnership with Advice Delivery and Relationship Managers) on escalated cases with to high net worth clients on complex financial planning topics including estate, insurance, and tax planning. . Establishes and updates quality control standards for financial plan production and delivery. Coaches, trains and motivates team of financial planners to meet production, service level and quality objectives. Develops practice standards to ensure a consistent planning deliverable, determining and refining which standards are appropriate. Provides direction and sign-off on complex planning cases requiring in-depth analysis, coaching and author appropriate disclosures.
Provides thought leadership for firm related to financial planning, estate planning, asset location and other relevant planning topics in their application to Individual Investor end-clients.
Develops and maintains infrastructure to support selected financial planning activities. Identifies trends and makes changes to improve delivery or enhance client satisfaction.
Oversees projects and deliverables related to the development of associate financial planning capabilities (financial planning content, relevant topical training). Oversees RTQ Model Mapping process.
Participates in escalated client cases, as necessary.
- College degree and 6 years of related work experience, or
- Associate degree and 8 years related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and 10 years related work experience
- Certified Financial Planner ™ Designation (CFP®)
- Series 7, 24, and 65/66 Certifications
- Experience supervising the delivery of financial/investment advice and plans to individuals
- Knowledge of Financial Planning software and/or platforms
- Leadership skills- ability to effectively supervise and motivate team of financial planners across multiple sites
- Understands and articulates complex financial planning and investment topics relevant to individual investors, including high value clients.
- Understanding of Fiduciary Concepts
- Ability to create financial planning modules and oversee training
- Ability to influence others outside of direct reporting relationship (matrix management)
- Ability to interact directly with clients & communicate in easy to understand language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and solid presentation experience
- Ability to effectively work within a cross team and to demonstrate the ability to build teams
- People management experience and ability to coach/develop others, inclusive of remote locations.
- Strong drive for results and independent initiative
- Organization and planning skills
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to multi-task
- 10 years industry experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience in leading, coaching and developing high performing individuals and teams
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include T. Rowe Senior Financial Planner in the subject line.
About T. Rowe Price
Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.