Lead Finance Manager, Technology
Owings Mills, MD
About the Position
The Lead Finance Manager is responsible for the financial analysis, planning, forecasting, and reporting needs, as well as monitoring financial operations. The incumbent will develop and improve processes to forecast and analyze corporate controlled expenses and firm revenues. The incumbent will answer queries from Senior Management. The incumbent may lead a team of Financial Analysts in the creation new financial models, resolve any issues & conflicts relating to firm finances and provide ad-hoc reports upon request. Responsible for the tracking and delivery of operating plans through reporting and identification of key variances; drives recommended actions to close gaps or capitalize on favorable trends. The Lead Financial Manager works closely with the Group Manager, Corporate FPA to define the Service Level Agreement with the business units and ensure metrics are met.
- Manage end-to-end planning activity execution; collaborating with BU resources and other groups for execution in accordance with defined standards
- Leads tracking and managing financial performance against project business cases, and in identifying and communicating opportunities to address variances, risks and opportunities in order to improve outcomes and in the production and delivery of all standard reporting (including template and chart updates), ad hoc reporting, presentation materials; and non-pricing / profitability (costing) analysis for a specific BU, in accordance with defined standards
- Strategizes with manager and guides other Finance resources to enable the development of the budget, rolling forecast, capital plan, business plan, and reference rates models/templates, including developing run-rate or baseline budget and rolling forecast models and base case scenarios to drive the “what-if” analysis.
- Potential to manage a team of finance analysts – Provides feedback, identifies development or career opportunities, coaches, conducts performance reviews and salary discussions.
Development of Forecasting and Planning Standards
- Review data for trends, changes, and plan variances, as well as supporting analysis, to develop initial commentary for performance review discussions
- Supports standardization and process improvements to any/all elements of the planning / forecasting process within the FP&A organization involving the FBP and BU management teams.
- Leads development and execution of revenue forecasting for the firm, including processes, assumptions, and key inputs.
- Manages the overall Financial Reporting and Analysis activities in the production and delivery of all standard reporting (including template and chart updates), ad hoc reporting, presentation materials; and non-pricing / profitability (costing) analysis for a specific BU, in accordance with defined standards
- Oversees the reporting of actuals, budget, forecast, capital, Position Management, Service Agreement, sensitivity / trending / NPV analysis, and other metric-related information to Financial Business Partners (FBP), Corporate, Business Unit (BU), EPMO, Strategy Support Group, and Finance Service Center teams to enhance decision making.
- Identifies services & customer expectations in collaboration with the FBP, Planning & Forecasting Group Manager, and Head of FP&A and ensures that the delivery of services is aligned with those expectations.
- Identifies finance options; prepares reports for management review and recommends action or change for assigned projects.
- Collaborate with FSC, EPMO and others for reporting project costs
- Identifies reporting and analytic services & customer expectations in collaboration with the FBP and Head of FP&A and ensures that the delivery of services is aligned with those expectations.
- Work with FBPs, data / master data “owners” and Data Management team to ensure that change requests (dimensions, hierarchies, members, reports, etc.) comply with guidelines
Monitoring of Performance
- Tracks results of strategic plan against goals and develops commentary on results
- Participates in process and project post-mortems and incorporates findings into new guidelines.
- Ensures effective monitoring and reporting controls are in place across all channels to improve KPI performance
Decision Support Guidance
- Lead analysis and provide decision support and guidance to executive management
- Analyze enterprise performance to determine focus areas, and risks and opportunities around alternate performance scenarios
- Participate in reference rate communication and cascading process to drive alignment across the enterprise
- “Sense check” forecast and budget submissions and apply overlays / top-side adjustments as needed to meet enterprise objectives
- Provide “story” supporting all consolidated forecasts and budgets
- Participate in development of internal and external presentations
- College degree and 4 years of related work experience, or
- Associate degree and 6 years related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and 8 years related work experience
- College degree in finance, accounting or related field and 5 or more years of related work experience or Masters Degree in one of the following: Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- Strong financial, technical, and quantitative analytical skills. Proven track record of developing and implementing value-added financial processes
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and synthesizing complex financial data into meaningful executive summary statements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of associates
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, practices and regulatory issues and their application to a wide variety of areas
- Previous financial reporting and analysis experience
- Ability to take ownership of a task or process, and see it through from inception to completion
- Excellent analysis and analytical skills
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and an ability to appropriately prioritize
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply strict attention to detail
- Works well independently and in a team environment.
- Expert skill in spreadsheet applications
- Financial reporting systems experience
- 7 or more years of related experience in accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis is preferred.
- Designation as a CPA or CMA
- Experience in ERP systems
- Master’s degree in one of the following: Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- Previous financial analysis experience with a public financial services company or operating unit of a large public company in the financial services industry is preferred
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include T. Rowe Lead Finance Manager, Technology in the subject line.
About T. Rowe Price
Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.