Lead Legal Analyst, Legal Operations
Owings Mills, MD
About the Position
This position reports to the Legal Operations Lead Manager and is responsible for assisting in leading and supporting cross-functional projects and initiatives and departmental wide activities to improve the efficiency of Legal Management team efforts. The Lead Legal Analyst position is responsible for independently assisting in efforts to identify, research, and analyze on Legal Department compliance and risk activities, process development support items, and project management. The Lead Legal Analyst is responsible for assisting in investigating issues, responding to inquiries, and analyzing business implications.
Project Management and Process Development
- Assists in leading enterprise-wide projects and initiatives to implement legal and business unit management objectives. Lead Legal Analyst must have strong problem-solving and consulting skills to be able to identify solutions to complex Legal requirements. This will also require coordination between the Legal department and business partners to identify and document issues and develop and propose recommendations. Incumbent will also work on process design and improvement projects to improve quality, gain efficiencies, and design controls to mitigate risks within the Legal Department.
Compliance and Risk Coordinator
- Develops and maintains the department’s compliance self-assessment, performs various departmental compliance monitoring and reviews, and establishes departmental compliance policies to ensure compliance and improve the effectiveness of Legal Management team efforts.
- Assists in leading the Legal Department teams in identifying and documenting the Department’s core activities and cross-departmental activities and provides consultative guidance to process owners to assess risk and key controls at the process level. Ensures risk management objectives are integrated into the team’s plans and monitors management’s plans/initiatives related to these activities to mitigate compliance risk and improve operational effectiveness. Additionally, leads the firm’s Enterprise Risk Management incident reporting program for the Department, and ensures Legal Department risks are coordinated with the firm’s Enterprise Risk management program.
- Incumbent works with Legal teams to help design business analytics to aid in business decision. Incumbent is responsible for reviewing and maintaining relevant and appropriate departmental metrics and analyzing and presenting KPIs for Legal Management Team review and reporting.
- College degree and 5 years related work experience
- Strong strategic thinker with ability to creatively apply innovative concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong persuasion skills, in interacting with a diverse group of internal and/or external contacts
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with members of various Business Units, regulatory agencies and other external contacts
- Project management certification
- Compliance/audit background
- Consulting experience
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include T. Rowe Lead Legal Analyst Legal Operations in the subject line.
About T. Rowe Price
Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.