Advisor Development Manager
About the Position
The Advisor Development Manager (ADM) supports management to develop, execute and achieve the advisor development goals of the market. The ADM is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the Financial Advisor Development Program (FADPs) participants within the market, ensuring a consistent experience that is strictly aligned to the national program. The ADM partners with leadership to deliver coaching, training and performance assessments that support the development and success of all FADPs.
Advisor and Development Training
- Under the direction of the Market Executives and the Advisor Development Division Executives, and in partnership with the FADP Coordinators, ensure FADPs are meeting and achieving hurdles
- Assess skills, knowledge and capabilities gaps through coaching and analysis; develop customized developmental plans to address
- In alignment with national program, lead training and develop activities, tools and routines to help enable FADP productivity
- Personal involvement with FADPs who require heightened support to achieve success
- Help reinforce compliance, supervision, and provide risk management support of FADPs and their activity for market leadership
- Lead pipeline management routines with teams and coach on pipeline execution
- Support client acquisition efforts by maximizing lead potential via enterprise relationships
Strategy and Accountability
- Work with Market Executives to develop and implement strategies to drive growth initiatives throughout the market
- Support leaders in implementing effective performance management, including goal setting, incentive, and other reward and recognition mechanisms
- Accountable to support market results, while maintaining strict consistency with national programs
- Performance ratings and discretionary compensation will be directly tied to FADP scorecard results (what) and market leadership (how)
- Candidates are strongly preferred to currently hold Series 7 AND Series 66 (or Series 63 AND Series 65), equivalent licenses. If applicant does not currently hold these licenses, these licenses must be acquired within a specific timeframe
- 3+ years leading, coaching, and managing high performing sales teams within the financial services industry
- Strong knowledge of the FADP or Consumer training programs preferred
- Proven track record of coaching and improving performance in others
- Proven ability to drive integration across solutions and drive results through superior delivery and sales management
- Proactively builds trusted relationships with key partners/clients
- Ability to be a change agent and work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in building effective client minded sales strategies which impact the business line
- Projects enthusiasm, optimism, and determination
- Communicates strategic business plans and tactical sales goals clearly and effectively at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, strongly preferred
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Bank of America Advisor Development Manager in the subject line.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
Bank of America is one of the world’s largest financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company serves approximately 56 million U.S. consumer and small business relationships. It is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading.