Client Strategy Executive, Global Real Estate Services
The Global Real Estate Services team manages occupancy strategy and risk for an 80MM RSF complex, international portfolio.
The Client Strategy Executive is responsible for managing relationships and engagement at senior levels to provide increased transparency into LOB location strategies and alignment to enterprise strategies. He/She works to gain agreement on forecasted headcount change approach, validation with Line of Business leaders and confirmation with HR and Finance engagement on the following:
- Execute location strategies to optimize LOB footprint through contraction, consolidation or growth
- Support LOB transition into modernized workspaces, providing agility and flexibility
- Enhance tools and metrics to aid in the development of LOB strategies
- Further integration with regional team and facility partners in the development of LOB strategies
- Manage Key Activities for Client Strategy Directors
Works to create business unit strategic goals and priorities into strategic Real Estate related opportunities; driving alignment between enterprise Real Estate strategies and Line of Business strategy. Provides consultation and analysis of LOB space optimization opportunities, including Space Modernization while providing guidance on enterprise standards; evaluation of space/cost reduction and space optimization/utilization opportunities on behalf of the client. He/She is also accountable for the development and documentation of client business case analysis on major projects, coordinates real estate related capital plans and management of projects in support of LOB strategic goals and evaluated co-location opportunities to improve collaboration with client facing LOBs and reduce occupancy expenses.
- Must have significant experience within a financial services institution specifically in a real estate capacity
- Core understanding of Commercial Real Estate fundamentals preferably with complex transactions and/or facilities management experience
- Drives strategy for the group while being a hands-on player
- Strong internal and external conflict resolution skill set
- Strong understanding of corporate culture inclusive of the impacts of real estate on operational, reputational and regulatory risk
- Seasoned professional with ability to effectively communicate with and influence executive leadership across multiple business lines
- Able to communicate at the senior-most levels in both written and oral form
- Prior consulting experience a plus
- Ability to develop and foster communication across the organization
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as leading or participating in a cross-functional team environment
- Superb relationship management and communication skills that include excellent listening and presentation skills; know how to raise difficult issues and rigorously and credibly debate with senior leaders taking a balanced fact based approach
- Strong team leadership skills; an individual who can lead a diverse associate population, inspire a strong sense of camaraderie, accountability and motivate continuous improvements to performance
- Able to lead change and integrate work in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment, establish priorities and achieve results
- Professional executive presence; decisive with highly versatile interpersonal skills
- Ability to shift gears quickly between strategic and tactical issues and challenges
- Significant experience in a complex financial services environment with demonstrated experience in strategic planning of real estate and facilities management
- Strong ability to engage and influence senior executives, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thought leadership to strategic decisions
- Demonstrates a business perspective to the work of the group; brings a point of view to these discussions; quickly establishes effective partnerships
- Comfortable self-solving problems and issues; is highly self-directed
- Able to work in a fast paced and complex global organization
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Bank of America Merrill Lynch Client Strategy Executive, Global Real Estate Services in the subject line.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
Bank of America is one of the world’s largest financial institutions, serving individuals, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company serves approximately 56 million U.S. consumer and small business relationships. It is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading.