The Engagement Manager is responsible for managing engagements across all phases of the leadership search process. This role is responsible for establishing relationships and interacting with Industry Leaders, Candidates and Clients. Internally, the Engagement Manager is an acknowledged authority of the executive search process and coaches the work of junior colleagues.
- You will write high quality company, position and person profiles and additional documents that may be sent directly to client with minimal consultant input.
- You will ensure a deep understanding of requirements at the briefing stage by raising relevant questions and collecting critical information.
- We are looking for someone to build a strong network of candidates, sources and “friends of the firm” through strong relationship management and search execution.
- We would want you to present a research strategy to client with minimum consultant oversight.
- You would be responsible for the research phase, show a mastery of research tools and personal market expertise to get to the best candidates first.
- You would present a sufficient number of qualified, well-briefed candidates while effectively managing clients and candidates.
- You would conduct candidate in-person interviews, balance assessment of qualifications and motivation with “selling” the search and the Firm, and write the appraisals of candidate with insightful comments on qualifications and fit.
- You would independently execute package negotiations, reference checking and counseling of candidates and clients during the closing phase, taking counsel from consultants when needed.
- We need someone who would identify additional opportunities with existing clients and candidates, and spotting opportunities to match market needs with Firm capabilities and presenting opportunities to consultant.
- Additionally you would initiate and lead non-search projects/events and supporting the development of junior colleagues through coaching and mentoring.
Qualifications & Experience
- You will have a minimum of six years of experience in Executive Search.
- You will need an undergraduate degree required. A relevant graduate degree is preferred.
- Experience identifying market trends and researching information effectively through various channels and basic business knowledge.
- Experience developing well-planned strategies and achieve goals within tight timelines.
- Proven ability to work with a number of constituencies on simultaneous
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and high level of comfort with utilizing databases and online information resources.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills; articulate, persuasive and able to communicate difficult and complex matters in a straightforward, clear manner.
- Strong organizational, analytical, detail-orientation and project management skills; able to effectively prioritize projects and deliverables.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and honesty while building credibility, trust, and respect with internal clients.
- Has a business development orientation and ability to think beyond traditional methods to exceed client expectations.
- Proactive and self-motivated. Action bias with a strong sense of urgency.
- Curious by nature, a continuous learner.
- Team orientated, contributing to a collegial, inclusive environment.
- Ability to facilitate effective negotiations by identifying key needs and desires
- Highly analytical, with strong conceptual thinking skills.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Heidrick & Struggles Engagement Manager in the subject line.
About Heidrick & Struggles
Heidrick & Struggles International Inc. serves the executive talent and leadership needs of the world’s top organizations as the premier provider of leadership consulting, culture shaping and senior-level executive search services. Heidrick & Struggles pioneered the profession of executive search more than 60 years ago. Today, the firm serves as a trusted advisor, providing integrated leadership solutions and helping its clients change the world, one leadership team at a time. Heidrick & Struggles experts operate from principal business centers in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information about Heidrick & Struggles, please visit www.heidrick.com.
Heidrick & Struggles is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetics or citizenship status.