Positions available across US
The Consultant role is primarily responsible for creating business for the firm, actively generating revenue to drive productivity, and leading the execution of search assignments in this sector. This role possesses strong market expertise, builds the Heidrick & Struggles brand in the marketplace and serves as an ambassador. The Consultant role proactively cross-sells Search and Leadership Advisory services across all industries and segments while leveraging exceptional market/industry expertise. It models a “client first” philosophy and cultivates deep relationships. The Consultant provides clarity, momentum and motivation across the organization and effectively mentors Engagement Managers, Associates and other junior team members.
Heidrick & Struggles Inc. is committed to delivering long-term growth, expansion and innovation with the aim of maintaining its position as the world’s premier provider of executive search and leadership development services. The successful candidate will be expected to work alongside colleagues and contribute wholeheartedly towards achieving this goal. In order to realize this ambition the individual will need to support the development of their colleagues and look to help develop the business in areas outside of their core focus.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, challenging and highly successful team, and to make a major contribution to developing the practice’s footprint.
This position provides an outstanding career opportunity which provides both significant professional and financial rewards. Career progression moves from an initial emphasis on developing superior project execution skills to increasing one’s ability to build new client relationships and increase Firm revenues. Successful Consultants who do both earn incomes equivalent to the top ranks of professional services executives in strategy consulting, investment banking, law, and accounting.
Business Development and Search Strategy
- Drives revenue generation for the firm; demonstrates effective cross-selling of firm’s diversified solutions
- Effectively oversees the execution of assignments from beginning to end; ensures all work is completed in a timely and quality manner
- Balances revenue generation and team building responsibilities to achieve goals
- Leverages exceptional market/industry expertise and is regarded as a brand-builder in the marketplace
- Promotes the firm’s expertise through publication, speaking events CEO dinners and media
- Contributes to thought leadership, marketing collateral, and brand-building efforts; contributes to firm or practice initiatives or committees, and to developing our talent
Candidate Development and Management
- Cultivates deep relationships and networks with existing and potential candidates
- Conducts in-person candidate interviews, effectively balancing assessment of qualifications and motivation with selling the opportunity and the client
- Presents sufficient number of qualified, well-briefed candidates
- Writes high quality appraisals of candidates, providing insightful comments on qualifications and fit
- Executes package negotiations, reference checking and counseling of candidates and clients during the closing phase
Client and Team Support
- Cultivates strategic, advisory relationships with existing and new clients
- Resolves challenging client relationship situations
- Sets clear goals; provides regular feedback to ensure team produces results
- Coaches and mentors junior team members
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Heidrick & Struggles Consultant in the subject line.
About Heidrick & Struggles
Heidrick & Struggles International Inc. serves the executive talent and leadership needs of the world’s top organizations as the premier provider of leadership consulting, culture shaping and senior-level executive search services. Heidrick & Struggles pioneered the profession of executive search more than 60 years ago. Today, the firm serves as a trusted advisor, providing integrated leadership solutions and helping its clients change the world, one leadership team at a time. Heidrick & Struggles experts operate from principal business centers in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information about Heidrick & Struggles, please visit www.heidrick.com.
Heidrick & Struggles is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetics or citizenship status.