SVP, Revenue – Memphis Grizzlies
About the Position
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the VP of Marketing to create and manage a year-long calendar of all key sales and marketing initiatives
- Lead the Ticket Sales and Partnership Marketing teams in the development and implementation of strategic plans to drive revenue growth and achieve business objectives
- Work with Vice President of Ticket Sales and Service to maintain and grow revenue from all ticketing sources for the Memphis Grizzlies and FedExForum while enhancing service areas and maximizing the fan experience
- Work with the Vice President of Partnership Marketing to maintain and grow sponsorship revenue across all affiliated platforms while effectively implementing established and innovative sponsor activations and cultivating outstanding partner relationships
- Work with the Vice President of Ticket Operations to ensure that ticketing technology and fan experience at FedExForum are seamless, leading edge and positioned to improve sales opportunities
- In conjunction with the VP for Marketing, work with the Director of Business Strategy & Analytics to continue to develop a more detailed data driven understanding of our fans and their consumer preferences, to analyze and thoughtfully apply that knowledge in our approach to marketing and sales, and to measure our effectiveness and adapt accordingly
- Work with the Memphis Hustle Director of Business Operations to diligently improve and grow all facets of the young new franchise
- Foster a culture of open, positive and productive communication and mutual support both within and among direct report departments and executives, and with other executives and departments throughout the organization
- Create an environment that promotes transparency and innovation, and that rewards people for working together
- Collaborate and consult with executives across the organization to maximize potential business opportunities throughout the company
- Work with direct report teams to ensure that the revenue goals, budgets, forecasting, client prospecting, client services, analytics and data initiatives are developed and implemented throughout
- Work with the VP of Marketing to drive alignment and cross functional collaboration across all sales and marketing lines of business to optimize our customer acquisition cost and long-term value equations
- Serve as a public face of the organization in the community, at client meetings, conferences, etc.
- Directly participate in closing deals with key premium ticketing and partnership marketing accounts as needed and in building relationships to drive business initiatives for future success
- Enhance policies and procedures that ensure all steps in the revenue management cycle are efficient, monitored and effective
- Help recruit, coach, cultivate, inspire, mentor and motivate the sales and service and activation teams within the organization
- Responsible for all departmental financial reporting
- Engage with senior staff to help create and implement company strategies and corporate planning initiatives
- Contribute as a senior member of the management team to the overall strategy and direction of the organization
- Collaborate with the President of Business Operations and other executive personnel to review achievements and discuss modifications of goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions
- Other related duties as required
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, Sports Management or related field
- At least ten years of experience in a senior level revenue related role such as sales, ticketing and/or sponsorship position for a major sports team, entertainment business or arena
- A proven strategic thinker who can drive the sales process in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be an open, accessible, outgoing sales-oriented individual who is comfortable presenting to senior management and developing/building strong relationships with community, civic and media entities
- Strong comfort level with applying data and analytics to the ticket sales and retention process and the sponsor sales and retention process
- In depth knowledge and understanding of how new technology and new media applies to the ticket sales and retention process and sponsor sales and retention process
- Must be results oriented with the proven ability to improve bottom line performance
- Proven leadership experience coupled with the ability to delegate responsibilities and authority while at the same time teaching and developing staff
- Excellent people skills with an ability to communicate and interact effectively and in a professional manner with VIPs as well as internal and external clients at all levels within an organization and throughout the community
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility in the development and implementation of innovative and effective sales, ticketing and marketing campaigns
- Proven and successful experience in sourcing prospects and selling, creating and activating of sponsorship opportunities
- Strong project management and leadership skills and sales proposal experience
- Proficiency in using CRM programs, MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Knowledge of and passion for NBA Basketball and the professional sports and entertainment industry
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, Sports Management or related field
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include NBA SVP Revenue (Grizzlies) in the subject line.
About the NBA
At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
Off the court, we’re also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league’s involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.