Vice President, Commercial Digital Channels
Capital One is seeking an innovative leader to drive focus on the transformational digital journey for our Commercial business. This is an exciting opportunity to transform the culture in a business that is ripe for change and excited about how digital and mobile technology can enable their business success. Within the Commercial Banking Industry, digital solutions are in infancy stage and we seek to lead the charge and deliver a differentiated engagement experience for our customers. In a company where digital is our ecosystem, the opportunity to leverage these capabilities within the Commercial business is tremendous. This role will own setting the digital channel and authentication strategy for the Commercial Business and be responsible for conceptualizing, building and delivering on digital products and services intended to disrupt the Commercial Banking Industry. The Vice President, Commercial Digital Channels will act as a beacon for innovation and expose the team to new engineering practices and technologies. Also of primary importance is the development of a strong culture of innovation and problem solving that resonates throughout the entire technology team. This person will lead a team consisting of 12-15 agile teams aligned to products, consisting of 100 people in total.
- Shape and develop the strategy for mobile and web within the Commercial Business
- Develop a strategy for authentication, looking at NextGen Biometrics to take authentication to another level for our customers.
- Continue to build out the treasury management digital experience, integrating across all our different products to create a single portal for our customers.
- Build and implement the onboarding experience for the digital experience for our customers.
- Lead the migration of the technical environment to Open Source and Cloud Technologies.
- Build much more advanced software engineering processes to enable continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Play a key leadership role in taking the existing team to the next level, as well as bringing in additional engineering talent.
- Continue to shape and grow the engineering culture across the Commercial Technology team as well as influence the culture and mindset of the Commercial Business.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned technology professional with passion for innovation and a track record of transformation. He/she will consider it a personal mission to stay current on industry trends and leading technologies and have a burning desire to bring about digital disruption. He/she will also have a proven ability to operate effectively in a complex, and evolving environment. He or she will have a demonstrated ability to develop a vision, drive and manage the execution of that vision, and deliver top-tier results. The successful candidate will exhibit excellent leadership skills to leverage the capabilities of peers, business partners, and associates, and should possess the confidence and poise to influence the executive leadership team and various internal stakeholders. Strong business judgment, strategic orientation and communication skills are essential. Similarly important are an attention to detail, good team dynamics, and an ability to work independently as needed.
Specific candidate competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Exceptional leadership skills, marked by poise, positive influence, and the ability to drive change
- Strategic orientation – ability to define roadmaps in an incremental way to support business goals in digital
- Demonstrated ability to employ judgment and experience to make rapid and complex decisions with broad impact
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills (written and oral);
- A management style that is collaborative, energetic, results-oriented, and innovative
- Relationship building – able to quickly and autonomously build strong relationships across a broad group of stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) field
- 12+ years’ experience in information technology covering one or more of the following areas:
- Digital channels
- Software Engineering
- Project/Program Delivery
- Open Source
- At least 5 years of executive management or leadership experience (within technology)
- Experience with leading edge technologies
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Financial Services or service industry Technology experience
To attract the right individual, Capital One is prepared to offer a highly competitive compensation package, which will include a base salary and cash bonus, as well as long term incentives.
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Capital One VP Commercial Digital Channels in the subject line.