Program Management Director
About the Position
Are you excited about an opportunity to lead strategic initiatives in a fast-paced team that is at the center of driving enterprise-wide change? Are you passionate about delivering results to your stakeholders? Are you a creative problem solver, who thrives in using your institutional knowledge to drive adoption of changes and new concepts? If you have proven corporate communications experience, know what it takes to be an internal consultant, and can successfully lead a team, we are your next destination employer! Freddie Mac has an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager Director to help lead projects in the Enterprise Risk Management Division.
Your Work Falls into Two Primary Categories:
Program Management and Communication
- Collaborate with leaders across the enterprise to align priorities and resources to support multiple high priority programs, ensuring the people, processes and tools are in place to maintain a transparent and well managed project.
- Develop structured prioritization and clear communication of business needs across multiple projects
- Develop bold ideas, opportunities, and campaigns to help bring about enduring organizational change
- Build roadmaps, associated timelines and resource implications and report the status using project dashboards
- Manage cross-divisional and cross-departmental teams supporting the initiatives project delivery to ensure timely progress against project and resource plans
- Ensure the team is operating in the most effective way possible and have the appropriate level of skills and capabilities to be successful
- Motivate team through guidance and coaching to work through obstacles
- Work on complex issues where analyses of situations require understanding of diverse factors, including business knowledge of Freddie Mac
- Regularly interact with Freddie Mac executives; Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
- Work collaboratively with leads to assess and manage project management performance and proactively address needs to optimize project delivery.
- Continually look for ways to improve process, tools, etc. to make project execution more efficient for the organization
- Anticipate risks and manage issues; proactively seek and resolve problems. Follow up on open items to ensure resolution and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Ensure that project execution aligns with the Freddie Mac policy and standards and regulatory requirements
- Create and review project plans and status and rapidly mobilize resources to address risks and issues in the development space.
- 12+ years of related work experience and 4+ years or more of project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute solutions to complex issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong industry acumen
Key to success in this role:
- Change leadership
- Ability to work across silos
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships across the organization
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and a fast learner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment requiring effective management of multiple deadlines and priorities
- Strong attention to detail and well-organized
- Demonstrated business acumen, problem solving skills, intellectual maturity and the ability to resolve conflict while preserving relationships
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with agile methodologies
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess:
- Seek and Embrace Change – Act as a change agent to influence and drive for a collaborative approach – strategically and tactically representing SF Risk Management with new and on-going initiatives
- Drive for Execution – Be a self-starter who will own and be accountable for successful delivery of objectives
- Partnership – Effectively collaborate with and influence colleagues across the enterprise
- Knowledge of mortgage or financial services industry
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Freddie Mac Program Management Director in the subject line.
About Freddie Mac
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer.