Value-Based Arrangements Strategy Consultant
About the Position
The Value-Based Arrangements Strategy Consultant plays an integral role in helping Lilly become our customers’ preferred company by increasing product access and improving patient outcomes through value-based arrangements (VBAs) in the healthcare ecosystem. The complex, rapidly changing healthcare environment requires the Value-Based Arrangements Strategy Consultant to be an adaptable, agile leader and learner who’s both accountable and stress tolerant as he/she coordinates with U.S. Health Outcomes (USHO), Payer Brand teams, Legal, Policy and MHS field team members to design and implement VBAs and supports the NGCE Payer Community and U.S. Strategic initiatives (including requests from the Lilly Executive Committee and Board of Directors). The ideal candidate has demonstrated skills in leadership, collaboration/teamwork, communication, planning/organization, attention to detail, judgment, meeting leadership, problem-solving and project management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of commercial and public payer customer(s), integrated health systems and the healthcare ecosystem.
- Understand regulatory, legal and scientific feasibility parameters for VBAs. Know customer-specific preferences and capabilities, VBA strategies and goals.
- Understand Lilly’s competitors, their products/pipeline and their value to customers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Lilly’s and Managed Health System’s vision, mission and strategic priorities. Know how to access Lilly’s functional capabilities, organizational structure and resources to develop knowledge and drive business results.
- Show knowledge of Lilly’s asset-development and launch processes/requirements, and its contracting processes and tools.
- Know Lilly’s Brand PRA strategies and its current and future asset portfolio, including the value proposition it can bring to the customer.
- Advance Lilly’s long-term VBA vision by evaluating external trends, internal capabilities, and customer and product opportunities; partnering with policy colleagues to serve as a SME to advance policy initiatives; anticipating opportunities for pre-launch brands through New Product Planning dives and early asset-development discussions; partnering with Lilly Corporate Communications to develop VBA talking points; and partnering with Digital health teams to identify potential VBA measurements for products.
- Consistently improve VBA deal exploration and implementation processes by incorporating learnings from each deal.
- Build productive, enduring working relationships with internal stakeholders and strong partnerships with external customers.
- Lead assessment, design and implementation of VBAs by partnering with internal departments and teams; building and communicating project plans, tracking and communicating VBA strategy metrics; communicating deal updates to Senior Leadership and key stakeholders; developing customer talking points regarding VBA deals; coordinating with account management on third-party data analysis; and attending customer meetings as VBA Subject Matter Expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in pricing, reimbursement and access or equivalent healthcare experience
- MBA or Master’s degree in technical discipline (e.g., PharmD, Public Health, JD)
- Strong understanding of commercial and public payer customers and the healthcare ecosystem
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Experience leading cross-functional projects that impact multiple brands and stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity and leading in uncertainty
- Effective communicator – outstanding written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving capability
- Ability to influence across teams and effectively drive decision-making
- Ability to “simplify the complex” and communicate the essence to broad set of stakeholders
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Deep understanding of laws and regulations covering providers and payers.
- Ability to apply all Compliance Policies and Procedures (CPP) and Good Promotional Practices (GPP) in unstructured and fluid situations
Interested in applying to this career opportunity?
Please email Taylor Frank, [email protected], and include Lilly Value-Based Arrangements Strategy Consultant in the subject line.
About Eli Lilly and Company
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.